Stargate Universe

There was no way SGU was going to be canned after the first season, even though if a show deserved to be canned after the first season, SGU would be a prime candidate. Keep in mind its about advertising revenue. SGU brings a fresh new audience albeit it won't last long.

More like what else does SyFy have now? I used to watch this channel all the time, now it is fading. I like:

Sanctuary
Warehouse 13
Eureka

SGU is still being recorded/watched ambivalent towards it right now.

What else do they have?

Gotta agree... I like:

Sanctuary
Warehouse 13

I used to watch the channel (especially on Fridays) far more than I do now. Sanctuary is going on their mid-season break after this Friday. No idea when W13 is returning, and with SGU not returning until April, there won't be much reason to watch Syfy for awhile.

I'll just watch more movies...

I am down to Eureka and W13; can't get into Sanctuary, even if the lovely Amanda is in it. It just does nothing for me.

Its sad really. We whined and moaned for years wanting Sci Fi in HD, and once we get it... :(

I am down to Eureka and W13; can't get into Sanctuary, even if the lovely Amanda is in it. It just does nothing for me.

Its sad really. We whined and moaned for years wanting Sci Fi in HD, and once we get it... :(

I have that problem with Eureka...just can't into it.

I agree, it's sad. We wanted SciFi in HD for so long, and when we finally get it, they mung their programming up so badly that there's only two reasons to watch it. Even worse, once Comcast gets it, I seriously think the problems won't get better...

Eureka is actually a lot of fun; it is formulaic, and does not take itself too seriously, which is part of the appeal. It is definitely "bubble-gum" science fiction, but for what it is, it is funny.

I just realized I still have three unwatched episodes of W13 on the DVR. While it is ok, it obviously is not that high on my priority list.

I don't know exactly what it is about Eureka...just can't get into it. I like humor in science fiction too, but something about that show just didn't grab me (kinda like SGU isn't grabbing me yet).

W13 I find to be a lot of fun. The show has an interesting premise, quirky items (some historical) and cast chemistry, so it hooked me pretty quickly. Sanctuary took about 6-8 episodes to keep me interested and caring about the characters/premise.

SGU is on extremely thin ice with me. I want to like it, but it's so boring and non-Stargate-like that hanging on this long has been a struggle. Like I said, the mid-season finale bought them 4 more hours from me. If they can't fix the show and hook me in those 4 more hours, then it'll be timer deleted...

The shocking thing is that SciFi's ratings have never been higher. W13 is pulling in 50% more viewers than BSG did (and my 10 year old loves the show). I've two years of Sanctuary DVR'd along with last years 24 and LOST (yeah, I'm that far behind).

I'm still hanging with SGU, but the whole Stargate/BSG mashup is underwhelming. More heroism, miracle rescues, etc., and less brooding "we're ALL GONNA DIE!!!!" episodes.

Oh, and lose the stones. They make no sense and feel like a way to do a show on the cheap. Things grind to a halt whenever they go home. Use it for messages (a la Dwight Schultz on Voyager) and that's it.....

Oh, and I actually LIKE Eli. Am I the only one?

Syfy cancels SGU Christmas Day marathon

by Darren Sumner
For perhaps the first time in the seven years that the
<nobr style="font-weight: normal; font-size: 100%; color: darkgreen;" id="itxt_nobr_0_0"></nobr>http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/http://www.gateworld.net/universe/<nobr style="font-weight: normal; font-size: 100%; color: darkgreen;" id="itxt_nobr_0_0"></nobr>franchise has been on Syfy Channel, there are no episodes airing this week on the cable network — no SG-1, no Atlantis, and no Stargate Universe to help celebrate the holidays.

UPDATE: Syfy’s Craig Engler posted the following on Twitter: “We moved the SGU marathon off Xmas day and are going to run it closer to the mdi-season return. Typical schedule stuff.”
Source & More: gateworld.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)