Status
Please reply by conversation.

jmc98

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 11, 2005
32.750N 97.488W Fort worth Tx
After a year of waiting a and planning today I started my install of my 1.2m dish ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1371750839.218576.jpg

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Nice mount :thumbup:

What did you use for a pole? I used a chain link fence post and filled mine with concrete. Works great with the Geosat Pro mount. It's a great dish.

===
Bill

Got the dish and motor mounted need to aim it still and run cabling but I need to know the best way to ground the dish ?

If there's taller structure around I don't think I'd worry too much about grounding. A ground block at the entry point* to the house should suffice. Think that's all that 'code' requires. (But, I'm not an engineer, YMMV) Putting a loop in the coax before connecting to the receiver can't hurt.
?*that's tied to the homes electrical ground.

How about the easiest and quickest? Drill a tap screw into the pipe near the concrete and run a heavy gauge short wire or flat ground strap if you can get one, to a rebar driven into the ground and clamped to the wire. You can also use a pipe strap to clamp the ground wire to your mast pipe if you think a hole in the pipe might weaken the integrity.

Got the dish mounted and can get 67% signal but no quality ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1375372003.919466.jpgImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1375372043.575510.jpg

Does it look like its aimed correctly for 97w for 32.75n 97.488w. Fort Worth Tx

Does it look like its aimed correctly for 97w
No. It "looks" like you are aimed at the west coast. Need better Pics.

Got the dish mounted and can get 67% signal but no quality
C or Ku? Dish looks way too small for C Band.
I would start with Ku, and only connect to the Ku LNB so to take any switches out of the equation.

Dishpointer.com

I had an almost exact setup as yours last January. As Lak7 said, just connect the Ku side only without any switches directly to receiver. Once you get fine tuned on the Ku side then work on the C-band side. I could not receive any DVB-S2 c-band signals on the 1.2m, but had occasional reception with DVB-S. Do not expect too much c-band on a 1.2m.

My BSC-621 is now attached to my 7.5' mesh and my GeoSat 1.2m dish is fixed on 125w.

Looking to attached a ku lnb tomorrow night or next week and aim with that then decide if I want to go c band on the dish or not it to hot this time a year in Texas to do much out side at 1:30 in the afternoon when the suns at approximately 97w

Looking to attached a ku lnb tomorrow night or next week and aim with that then decide if I want to go c band on the dish or not it to hot this time a year in Texas to do much out side at 1:30 in the afternoon when the suns at approximately 97w

got the dish aimed today the elevation was to low and some how the dish was twisting on the motor shaft

Oops!

If the dish was aimed too low, it hints that the larger diameter 621 was mounted too high.
This is a common problem, and often ignored to the detriment of signal reception.
?
?

got the dish aimed today the elevation was to low and some how the dish was twisting on the motor shaft

If the dish or post is twisting when you put the dish on the post, you have a BIG problem. Nothing is going to stay locked if either is moving when you don't want it to. If the motor shaft is not locking down tight on the dish then you may need to shim the motor shaft inside the dish mount with a short piece of plastic pipe?

I had to shim one of my Channel Master dishes to be able to mate it with a STAB120. Works great.

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1375551781.543309.jpg

If the dish or post is twisting when you put the dish on the post, you have a BIG problem. Nothing is going to stay locked if either is moving when you don't want it to. If the motor shaft is not locking down tight on the dish then you may need to shim the motor shaft inside the dish mount with a short piece of plastic pipe?

I had to shim one of my Channel Master dishes to be able to mate it with a STAB120. Works great.

View attachment 89831

I think the whole motor brackets out of wack I can adjust the dish by moving the dish left or right a little and the motor mount that's attached to the pole moves to

I think the whole motor brackets out of wack I can adjust the dish by moving the dish left or right a little and the motor mount that's attached to the pole moves to

Show us a good picture of the back of the dish where it's connected to the motor and the post/mast in the concrete.

You may need to shim it with a piece of plastic pipe like I did with mine. It's lasted for several years.

Status
Please reply by conversation.