Starz-HD video breakups 110 Sat only 50 signal strength 110 sat

WynsWrld98

SatelliteGuys Family
May 9, 2007
Puyallup, WA
VIP722k in Southern California (110/119/129 sats), saw the black screen issue during The House Bunny recorded from Starz-HD but in this movie and My Cousin Vinny also recorded from Starz-HD (110 sat) have had severe screen breakup multiple times during the movie, like severe macroblocking so severe you can't see any picture when it happens. No action sequences going on at the time so is like the signal was lost briefly.

Signal strength on 110 sat is 50. I called DISH Tech Support and they said they don't believe low signal strength is the cause of the problem but that number sounds really low to me. Their recommendation is to send a new 722k but I still think the signal strength is suspicious.

Anyone have any thoughts on the screen breakups?

VIP722k in Southern California (110/119/129 sats), saw the black screen issue during The House Bunny recorded from Starz-HD but in this movie and My Cousin Vinny also recorded from Starz-HD (110 sat) have had severe screen breakup multiple times during the movie, like severe macroblocking so severe you can't see any picture when it happens. No action sequences going on at the time so is like the signal was lost briefly.

Signal strength on 110 sat is 50. I called DISH Tech Support and they said they don't believe low signal strength is the cause of the problem but that number sounds really low to me. Their recommendation is to send a new 722k but I still think the signal strength is suspicious.

Anyone have any thoughts on the screen breakups?

Dish has changed the Signal strength meter, 50 percent is a pretty good signal. With the new Meter your receiver will not lose lock until it reaches about 15. In the past with the older meter software ,Signal lock would be lost at about 40.

You could have one of two problems; 1) LNBF Drift (which would require replacing your LNBF, or 2) A bad receiver. If you run a Check switch your receiver will detect LNBF drift if that is your problem.

In the past I had a receiver that for some reason had trouble receiving only one or two transponders, this caused the type of problem you are describing.

Do a check switch if you do not have LNBF drift you should have your receiver replaced.

John

LNBF drift

Dish has changed the Signal strength meter, 50 percent is a pretty good signal. With the new Meter your receiver will not lose lock until it reaches about 15. In the past with the older meter software ,Signal lock would be lost at about 40.

You could have one of two problems; 1) LNBF Drift (which would require replacing your LNBF, or 2) A bad receiver. If you run a Check switch your receiver will detect LNBF drift if that is your problem.

In the past I had a receiver that for some reason had trouble receiving only one or two transponders, this caused the type of problem you are describing.

Do a check switch if you do not have LNBF drift you should have your receiver replaced.

John

The LNBF should be replaced before changing out the receiver when showing drift.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)