SatelliteAV

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 3, 2004
Roseville, CA
Cleaning day at Satellite AV

photo(10).JPG
A bin of STBs and a few reflectors on the way to the recycler. Everything that didn't have a remote or wouldn't fire up... Stargazer will be getting a few boxes of working STBs! :cool:

A bin of STBs and a few reflectors on the way to the recycler. Everything that didn't have a remote or wouldn't fire up.

Per our emails in December I haven't heard from you and was wondering what the status was on any of the rack units.

My pile is not quite that big :)

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys App (Beta)

I'd take the whole lot if I had a use for them all, I have a few projects in mind, one of which would involve gutting a receiver of the appropriate size to create a mini-itx htpc. Shipping would be scary on that many boxes tho. I hope someone saves them from the recycle bin.:)

Last edited:
My coolsat 5000 power supply bit the dust,but it probably isn't worth asking about a power supply salvage.
I remember buying it years ago just to prove it could be jtagged.

the power supplies were different between the two models.
I was going to strip the one out of my 4000, but couldn't use it.
The 4000 I can run euro firmware on,up to the point when they added clone detection.
After that the tuner is disabled when it detects a clone.

Stargazer, 150+ lbs of STBs, rack mounts and dozens of extra remotes are on the FedEx truck headed your way.... :D

Yippee. That' going to be a hoot going through all that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SatelliteGuys

How about some photos as you unpack and stack? Should have taken a photo of the stacks before they were packed.

You will find several interesting receivers that never made it to market...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts