Steelers Win!!!!!

I guess taking out the oponents QB with a cheap-shot late hit and referees that call a bump on the sideline "unnecessary rouphess but not a hit a full 3 secons ater the ball is realeased incapacitating an oponent for 6-10 months and a taclke of a receiver bedore the ball reaches him is okay, but an elbow while positioning yourself for a possible INT or block is pass interference helps!

But no excuses. Congratulations anyway. The Bengals never came out of the locker room after halftime and made a giant sucking sound in the second half.

See ya
Tony

I'm a Steelers fan, and I was upset that Palmer got hurt. If you read the Steelers website, Kimo rolled into Palmer. If you read the Bengals website, Kimo "crashed" into Palmer. The AP claims Kimo hit Palmer in the lower leg as Palmer threw the ball. There was no malicious intent on the part of Kimo; in fact, he looked like he was upset over the hit. The hit was clean, his back was to Palmer, and he didn't know that Palmer threw the ball. It was unfortunate. I like Palmer and hope his recovery goes well. By the way, I plan to watch the replay. I don't think the hit came a full three seconds after the throw.

In Marvin Lewis' post game interview, he was asked several times about the hit. He said Carson got injured and it was over. He said they were not going to cry over it like "they" (the Steelers) did. If you recall, Rothlisberger felt that the hit that put him out was a cheap shot.

The injury placed a gray cloud over the win. I still think the Steelers would have won the game even with Palmer as the QB; after all, the defense was unable to stop the Steelers in the second half, but the game would have been much closer. I wanted to see how the defense did against Palmer because they have an even bigger challenge next week.

Last edited:
they are going to take indys soul............................
steelers by 10. at LEAST!!
we tell the donora dragons midget program the same thing, wherever we go IT IS OUR HOUSE!!!
BRING IT ON,,,WHO DEY??? WE DA STILLERS AND WE JUST KICKED DA BUNGLES ASSES!!!!
NEXT!!!

Last edited:
TNGTony said:
I guess taking out the oponents QB with a cheap-shot late hit and referees that call a bump on the sideline "unnecessary rouphess but not a hit a full 3 secons ater the ball is realeased incapacitating an oponent for 6-10 months and a taclke of a receiver bedore the ball reaches him is okay, but an elbow while positioning yourself for a possible INT or block is pass interference helps!
But no excuses. Congratulations anyway. The Bengals never came out of the locker room after halftime and made a giant sucking sound in the second half.
See ya
Tony
=========================================================

Did you happen to see the game ???? Or the replay ???
Steelers player was blocked into Palmer.

Not a cheap shot at all.
The guy almost picked him up and carried him to the sidelines, he felt so bad about it

btw, Kitna is a very capable QB, not like they had to put in the 4th string guy from Rutgers

Jimbo

Jimbos said:
Not a cheap shot at all.
The guy almost picked him up and carried him to the sidelines, he felt so bad about it
btw, Kitna is a very capable QB, not like they had to put in the 4th string guy from Rutgers
Jimbo

exactly, KImo was tore up and he said he was sorry, he did not mean to do that, the steelers are not a cheap team, sorry we dont play like that, we earn our victories!@

Jimbos said:
Not a cheap shot at all.

It happened about 35 yards from where I was standing and I saw several replays on the 30 foot screen 20 yards behind me. I will not argue it. Carson had released the ball and was standing there looking at the pass when he got clipped. The "blocked" steeler took two steps and had both arms out for a tackle on Carson. He may have felt bad, but this is the reason for "roughing the passer calls (which the refs forgot about--no matter it was a caught 65 yard pass anyway)

Again...no excuses. It happened and it's over. Pittsburgh won because the Bengals forgot to show up for the second half.

See ya
Tony

Last edited:
TNGTony said:
Again...no excuses. It happened and it's over. Pittsburgh won because the Bengals forgot to show up for the second half.
See ya
Tony

And the fact that Kitna has no peripheral vision. The announcers said multiple times "If Kitna just looked to the other side of the field XXX was wide open."

Yes the Bengals D got sucked into trickery and generally played a bad 2nd half, but let Krenzel be the backup, at least he has big game experience. (2OT win for National Championship and a reputation of not making stupid plays.)

TNGTony said:
It happened about 35 yards from where I was standing and I saw several replays on the 30 foot screen 20 yards behind me. I will not argue it. Carson had released the ball and was standing there looking at the pass when he got clipped. The "blocked" steeler took two steps and had both arms out for a tackle on Carson. He may have felt bad, but this is the reason for "roughing the passer calls (which the refs forgot about--no matter it was a caught 65 yard pass anyway)
See ya
Tony

Sorry Tony,
This is TACKLE football, not two hand touch.

It really doesn't matter if the shot was cheap or not. This is the NFL, players get hurt every week by shots that are cheap and shots that are not cheap. The only time the shot is marked as cheap is by the fans when it happens to their team.

In the long run, Pittsburgh is the only team in the AFC with a shot of getting past Indy. Even if Carson would have been able to play the complete game the net result would have been a closer score. Pittsburgh still would have beat them. (this is only my opinion)

Um, are the Patriots still in the league? They own indy...

FYI, the steelers are the 6th seed, try to remember that. There's so much steeler love around here that I feel my teeth turning yellow just reading these posts...

Not quite elway yellow/brown, just normal pukesburgh yellow...

Palmer behind the center is a much better team than kitna behind center, period. Plus kitna was rusty as hell. Palmer runs a wide open offense, kitna runs a "i can't see anything, lemme run around for a while and never throw the ball away" offense...Need we remember that palmer's injury occurred on his first throw, which was a 60+ yard bomb that connected? Yeah, exactly..High Powered offense with palmer, with kitna it sputtered...

Steelers are playing their best ball right now, there's no doubt about that, but to say they don't play cheap is absurd. It's actually the one thing I like about cowher...

Can't wait to see this thread in a week from now...

Last edited:
Purogamer, to be honest with you I would rather see the Steelers play the Pats next week.

Remember, the Steelers bested the Bengals with Palmer in their own house, and lost one at home. Pittsburgh showed them last night why their were only one second away from being the division champs. Pittsburgh is playing their best ball on the road. That's why I think they wil beat Indy. The AFC belongs to Pittsburgh and I think they are going to prove it this year.

BTW, I didn't say Pittsburgh never plays cheap. At one time or another every team plays cheap, do what you do to win.

Do you think we will hear any complaining about "artificial sound" after the game next Sunday? If Ben thought it was loud in the Dome for that Monday night game in November, Colts officials (the fans) will have the "artificial sound" cranked up even higher for the playoffs. :)

Last edited:
cprickett said:
Do you think we will hear any complaining about "artificial sound" after the game next Sunday? If Ben thought it was loud in the Dome for that Monday night game in November, Colts officials (the fans) will have the "artificial sound" cranked up even higher for the playoffs. :)

I'm sure the Steelers will spend a lot of time indoors this week and pump in a lot of loud crowd noise to simluate next weeks game environment.

By the way. Can anyone explain this photo and walk me through the next 3 seconds from this point? Thanks.
20060109wap_fbn_kimo_palmerPJ_450.jpg

Last edited:
rjc3895 said:
I'm sure the Steelers will spend a lot of time indoors this week and pump in a lot of loud crowd noise to simluate next weeks game environment.

By the way. Can anyone explain this photo and walk me through the next 3 seconds from this point? Thanks.

Snap, Crackle, Pop.

Man that looked painful.

rjc3895 said:

20060109wap_fbn_kimo_palmerPJ_450.jpg

Thanks, I was looking for that photo. I knew the shot wasn't cheap, Carson was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. I wasn't really for looking for a debate on the Carson hit, but that photo speaks louder than words.

No way it was a cheap shot. He was blocked, falling down, and grabbed hold of the only part of the QB he had access to - his left lower leg.

BTW, being at the game, even with Jumbotrons available, is the worst vantage point to make any definitive determination.

Um, I disagree. The more I see the play (yes I watched the game and rewound it a dozen times like everyone else), the more I think it could have easily been avoided. He was falling but he wasn't looking up to see what was going on, he fell right into him and didn't even try to stop it. His shoulder went right into his knee which is not how any normal person falls. He was intentionally stumbling forward to get the sack. Watch it again as i'm sure it'll be on espn all day. He was taking down the QB even though the ball was gone, which isn't right. He wasn't even looking up at the play, as the picture clearly shows...

I didn't think it was cheap at all yesterday but today i'm not so sure. I think he could have easily avoided it...