Sterns on Sirius

Sky King49

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 14, 2004
I here he has said..."this is the end of AM and FM." I wonder if Dish will add this to their list of channels I now receive....?

Well as far as I know Dish only has music channels and no talk radio so I dont think you will hear Stern on Dish anytime soon. :(
Plus for what they paid him :shocked to make the move there wanting to get more people to buy Sirius and if they let Dish air it they wont get all the new subs. there trying to get.

I read in this mornings paper that his show will be on their basic package..no extra charge..not sure if that is just for car radio or Dish too.

Sky King49 said:
I read in this mornings paper that his show will be on their basic package..no extra charge..not sure if that is just for car radio or Dish too.
It will be in the Basic package meaning it's not considered a Permium channel like the Opie & Anthony show is but I still dont think it will be on Dish because it will be on a Talk channel and Dish don't carry them as of yet.

If DISH did carry the show wouldn't the FCC have a say so since it's on a satellite TV outlet too?

I dont think the FCC has as much to say as they can with Public broadcast stations. But from what I heard being in Florida and The "Bubba the Love Sponge" thing that the FCC is trying to get laws passed so they can control the Subscription channels like they do the Public channels :mad: .

I don't see that happening. If they start regulating satellite radio then I will stop subscribing to it. One of the reasons I got satellite radio was because of the crap the FCC was doing.

If they start censoring satellite radio, and we can call it censoring because that's what it is, then the HBOs and such are right behind. Get government out of our own affairs.... If I want to pay extra for it, it's my business, period!

In the NY Papers after Stern made his announcment, the mentioned how many hundred thousand ppl have Sirius, and how many millions already have the Dish, hinting that these are the ppl his channel would be availiable to. Along with new suscribers aswell. Also like the other guy said, I should have Sirius in my car by then.

There is no way Sirius will let Dish run this channel. The whole reason for Sirius on Dish is so that you fall in love with it and desire it for your car (it worked for me...I Love it in my car now too). If they start handing out these "choose" stations to Dish it would hurt their customer base actually.

Thats not the case for Stern though as he will be an exclusive XM property.

If Dish and Sirius were SMART, they would offer the 3 Stern Channels plus a Stern Video Channel where you can actually WATCH the show LIVE and charge $19.99 a month for it. :D

I know I would subscribe. :D

Scott Greczkowski said:
Yes there will be THREE of them. This is mentioned in the press release.
I'm not doubting you. What I was trying to convey was WTF will be on THREE Stern channels. He doesn't have enough content for one.

Perhaps he owns the rights to all of his old stuff? That'll give him 15 or more years of recorded material. Otherwise, I couldn't imagine him filling 3 channels, 24/7. But, that's just me.

Actuall I believe one of them will be a MUSIC channel programmed by Howard, another one may be a shock radio channel with Howard in the Mornings and other shock jocks the rest of the day. People like Bubba the Love Sponge could have jobs again, the third is a premium channels which the content is undetermined what it will contain.

Scott Greczkowski said:
People like Bubba the Love Sponge could have jobs again
Well I'd love to hear him back on the radio but right now he's trying to run for Pinellas Co. Sheriff which I dont see him winning because of all the old farts that live in that county. But if he doesn't win I'm sure you will hear his name again hopefully sooner than later. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)