strange problem with HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tony1097

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 4, 2006
So we switched from a SD to an HD receiver (H24-100). But noticed we were getting about half the HD channels,rest were getting the 771 message. Our other HD Box in the other room (H24-700) works perfectly fine. We called DirecTV and they told us we needed a B-Band converter, so we said sure, ship it out, installed it.. It got some of those missing HD channels but it 771'd some others that we were getting before and there were others that were still blocked no matter if we were using the converter or not. We call DirecTV back, they said it was probably a faulty converter, sent us another one, same thing.

I did a little digging online and was making me think the Zinwell multi-switche needed replaced with an SWM but if that is the problem, why is one receiver working perfectly fine and not the other?

Does anyone have the slightest idea what could be causing this? Could I be overlooking something?

Thank you

Yes, you need a b-band converter on both the boxes. You do not need SWM.
Swap the two receivers over and see if the problem moves with the box or stays in the room.

You're right, the other one already has a b-band on it. The problem stays in the room

on the multiswitch, try moving the cables (to the rooms) to one of the unused ports on the same side. possibly just a bad port on the switch.

If the problem stays in the room then it's caused by a bad b-band converter (assuming they stayed in the rooms, check by swapping those), a bad cable/connector, or a bad port on the multiswitch.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)