Strange Signal Problem On 99 W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blue Crystal

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
For the past several days I've had a strange signal problem with 99 west, on C band.

I scan and everything works ok.

After a few minutes I go back to some of the same channels and the signal has dropped 15 to 20 degrees and don't pick them up at all.

If I rescan, when the signal drops, I do not get those channels

I then have to hard re boot a time or two and the signal goes back up to regular strength.

I don't seem to have a problem with the Ku side.

However, from time to time I see a wide constant jump in the signal from 10 to15 degrees difference on Ku Band.

I think that may be a small alignment problem.

I am getting a few freeze ups and I re boot at that time and everything starts working again.

The coax seems ok.

Any suggestions?

I'm using a 10 ft. Prime Focus Dish with a Captive Works 800S receiver and a BSC 621 KU/C Band LNB

If robooting solves the problem, its probably not alignment. I would be suspicious of any switches that might be in the path. I've had DiSEqC switches go out on me this way before.

I don't have any switches.

It makes sense if re boot solves it it may be something else.
I'm probably trying to talk myself into an upgrade.

Thanks

I'd check the coax again. I had a similar problem one time where one transponder did exactly the same thing, started out strong and then faded within minutes. I didn't have to do a re-boot, just change to another satellite (fixed dishes, multiple LNBs, numerous switches) for a few minutes and then back again did the trick. Then it would start to fade again. The connector looked good and clean, didn't see any stray strands of ground wire, or tarnishing of the centre copper wire, or anything, and it felt like it was on tight. Anyhow, I still cut it back and put on a new connector, and never had the problem again. Could have been the centre copper wire got nicked when the original connector was put on, or when attached to the LNB the connector was bent enough to cause a slight loss of voltage/grounding or something, I don't know.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)