streaming to hr24

Status
Please reply by conversation.
mine is being fed though a linksys wrt54g that is running dd-wrt, and is set up as a repeater bridge, but it says it cant play the content, and now i cant get the second tv to show on the whole home dvr.

mine is being fed though a linksys wrt54g that is running dd-wrt, and is set up as a repeater bridge, but it says it cant play the content, and now i cant get the second tv to show on the whole home dvr.

I don't want to start a brand war but I have never had any luck with Linksys and always had good luck with Netgear and Dlink.

Apparently, mediashare will play mp2 video through windows media player or other types of files through an on-the-fly transcoder. For videos, there are a dozen ways to do it better and I wouldn't bother. It's ok for my music collection but very, very slow browsing the files.

I believe any Windows Media files, or MP3 files will play on your DVR. I never had luck with connecting to my computer through my HR24 until I replaced my Linksys router with a Newer Netgear Router.

John

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts