Study finds high prices, hamstrung players limiting Blu-ray's dominance

You are quoting a DeepDiscount DVD price against buy.com's price. Note that for some reason buy.com (which I have used for years) is not offering the best Blu-ray prices. Amazon.com, for example, has it for 19.95 (all right they have the dvd even cheaper than buy.com). I also saw it back during the bogo days under $10 for the BD.

For new releases the MSRP and street prices for DVD vs BD are much closer than this example.

. I'm afraid that the general population would view people who spend large amounts of money on minor improvements as having too much money said:
I think, alot of us think its more then just "minor improvements" alot think the hi def picture is stunning! someone said the improvement is greater then b&w to color.

speaking for myself, i do agree with you about the too little brains:)

I think, alot of us think its more then just "minor improvements" alot think the hi def picture is stunning!
I agree there is a big difference between HD and SD when compared side-by-side. And between B/W and color.

I was referring to the difference in the overall movie watching experience, not the pixel watching experience. I just watched a B/W movie the other night and had no problems enjoying it.

It is so lame that you guys continue to accuse BD's of being that much more pricey than dvd's. Get over it.

We have guys with $2000 tv's and $500 rcvr's complaining about $399 players and $25 discs. Boohoo

:river
I didnt get that 2k HDTV, $500 reciever and $400 BD player by spending 25 - 35 bucks for a BD disc. :rolleyes:

I didnt get that 2k HDTV, $500 reciever and $400 BD player by spending 25 - 35 bucks for a BD disc. :rolleyes:

No kidding...even "thebland" on AVS with his $100k+ home theater mostly rents his discs.

The only reason I have over 100 HD DVD discs is because of fire sales where I paid the price of a rental to own.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts