Subscribing to HBO for GoT ?

Scott posted that HBO will be available with SlingTV for $15, available on Roku and FireTV devices, in time for the GoT premier.

I haven't tried dish retention but have otherwise been told there's no current discount code available unfortunately.

It's definitely even more of a challenge now that the price is so high to get enough out of HBO to justify the price. I love Last Night Tonight but there's no way I'm keeping HBO year round just for that and occasionally taping movies.

I called to see if they would at least match the $15 hbo now price. The lady was very nice and after putting me on hold she came back on and offered me $10 off for 6 months. That should hopefully cover game of thrones and true detective plus the bonus of john oliver and vice

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I called to see if they would at least match the $15 hbo now price. The lady was very nice and after putting me on hold she came back on and offered me $10 off for 6 months. That should hopefully cover game of thrones and true detective plus the bonus of john oliver and vice
Exactly What I am talking about. Everything is negotiable now days, especially if they want to keep subs.

How did you pull that off lol. I spoke to 3 different agents and they wouldn't budge. They just want to bundle it with cinemax for $20; which is an amount I don't feel like adding to my bill right now. Last year i got it for $12.

How did you pull that off lol. I spoke to 3 different agents and they wouldn't budge. They just want to bundle it with cinemax for $20; which is an amount I don't feel like adding to my bill right now. Last year i got it for $12.
They just offered a $10 credit on the bill, it appears... not necessarily a special towards HBO

With all this complaining about the price of HBO on Dish there is really one answer, for those with a Apple TV UNit drop it on Dish and get it on Apple, if you don't have a Apple unit wait the 3months when it will/should be on the Roku and Fire units, only then will Dish get the message.

Most of the Cable companies have figured it out, look at Comcast they added HBO Go to their basic Blast Package with local nets for $39.99 a month or if you add HBO to any Double/Triple Play package it is only $10 more a month.

I have read other Cable Companies doing the same, it is only a matter of time till Dish and DirecTV do the same.

With all this complaining about the price of HBO on Dish there is really one answer, for those with a Apple TV UNit drop it on Dish and get it on Apple, if you don't have a Apple unit wait the 3months when it will/should be on the Roku and Fire units, only then will Dish get the message.

Most of the Cable companies have figured it out, look at Comcast they added HBO Go to their basic Blast Package with local nets for $39.99 a month or if you add HBO to any Double/Triple Play package it is only $10 more a month.

I have read other Cable Companies doing the same, it is only a matter of time till Dish and DirecTV do the same.

Comcast has been doing this for well over a year now. As a matter of fact, if you look at their site, HBO is included in nearly every tv/internet package they offer.

This is why I've said that if you live in a Comcast area, why bother with stand alone HBO when you can get it with internet and some extra tv channels at not much higher a price than just for internet.

Comcast has been doing this for well over a year now. As a matter of fact, if you look at their site, HBO is included in nearly every tv/internet package they offer.

This is why I've said that if you live in a Comcast area, why bother with stand alone HBO when you can get it with internet and some extra tv channels at not much higher a price than just for internet.

They are being even more aggressive now, if you agree to a new two year contract, you can get any premiums for $1 each, but you have to buy them in pairs, since my package included HBO, I was only able to get 2 more so I picked Showtime and Cinemax because I like the TV series that they both have.

On the 12th when HBO Now is available on Apple, I plan to sign up and dropping it on Dish. Not only will I get a month free, but I have $80 in iTunes credit from the in app purchase settlement.

On the 12th when HBO Now is available on Apple, I plan to sign up and dropping it on Dish. Not only will I get a month free, but I have $80 in iTunes credit from the in app purchase settlement.
That $80.00 will get you a few months of HBO Now for sure. I only hope that DISH will lower their price to match HBO Now.

I got no offer :/ thinking about trying again but not sure since I have an HBO GO passcode

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Im not gonna lie, I lose my employee benefits next week, and have decided to call and try and get some deal... even if it is Sho Freex3... not sure what I will end up with....but its going to suck...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts