Subscribing to HBO for GoT ?

On the 12th when HBO Now is available on Apple, I plan to sign up and dropping it on Dish. Not only will I get a month free, but I have $80 in iTunes credit from the in app purchase settlement.
HBO Now showed up on my AppleTV yesterday morning, and I signed up for it via iTunes. FYI.

Currently binging the first season of GoT.

Im not gonna lie, I lose my employee benefits next week, and have decided to call and try and get some deal... even if it is Sho Freex3... not sure what I will end up with....but its going to suck...
:eeek

I can't believe it. Come to the dark side Chad, come to the dark side....:devilish

Lol. I will ask for the credit or promotions. Not mad if they say no though. Such is life. At that point I make the decision of "is the programming worth paying for", and more than likely it is. Still going to try to get my gf to work for dish to get it back. Lol. Hahaha

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Lol. I will ask for the credit or promotions. Not mad if they say no though. Such is life. At that point I make the decision of "is the programming worth paying for", and more than likely it is. Still going to try to get my gf to work for dish to get it back. Lol. Hahaha
HBO is the only thing I'm not going to pay for at its current price. I would pay $15 for the TV package but not HBO Now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I do feel that the programming is worth paying for, but I don't like the hardware fees. Especially with my Dish account and paying the same price for a virtual joey as a real joey. I am currently running the numbers to see if I may go to cable where I can run my own hardware.

I do feel that the programming is worth paying for, but I don't like the hardware fees. Especially with my Dish account and paying the same price for a virtual joey as a real joey. I am currently running the numbers to see if I may go to cable where I can run my own hardware.
And that's what making proper educated decisions are about. I am called a dish fanboy, or pompom I think is another term, but I have never once told somebody not to leave Dish if it makes sense. If it makes sense to go to cable, and I feel like I no longer want to pay the Dish fees, then switch I must. But as mentioned earlier, I care much more about the equipment than I do the programming. So many channels and programming out there, I will eventually find something to watch, but I almost refuse to go back to cables POS Dvr, and pay $20/month dvr fee+any outlet fees. Also, I'm not going to learn TIVO, or media center....

Has anyone else been having streaming issues with the service? Yesterday I had to re-validate my AppleTV and it died with a "can't find content" error when I was in Season 2 of Game of Thrones. Plus, the PQ has been pretty bad in the dim, flickering candlelit scenes.

just signed up for HBO - 1/2 off for 6 months @ $9.50. they said it was new HBO deal starting.
I will have to call and get it again for another 6 months if they are giving it at that price. Especially since I just got HBO NOW for free for a month and then it goes to $14.99 a month after that. I will go with which ever is cheaper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts