Suggest a antenna for medium Directional?

ToyotaDave

Original poster
Aug 17, 2009
Va
It will be out doors mounted to the same pole that my dish sat is on if possible. I used antennaweb and it says i need a Medium Directional Antenna with pre-amp.

My zipcode is 22827

Im after ABC, NBC, CBS and FOX

football season is going to start soon :)

I would relocate the antenna if need be to get a better signal, i would like to get a anntenna that looks like a panel if i can but if i need something big and extreme to get these channels i would get it. :)

I used antennaweb and it says i need a Medium Directional Antenna with pre-amp. My zipcode is 22827

I'm after ABC, NBC, CBS and FOX, football season is going to start soon :)

I don't trust antennaweb. tvfool says that the signals are too weak, but that's not at your house.
TV Fool

What does tvfool look like at your address? If there are any stations on channel 13 or below you need a VHF/UHF antenna.

ok i put in my acutal address and here is the url

I live in the middle of nowhere.

Will the antenna posted above not work?
[/B]

It won't get WVPT. WVPT is on VHF channel 11. The suggested antenna is UHF only.

You have stations in three directions. Would you rather have rotor, three antennas, or be unable to receive some of the stations?

Yes it is a UHF antenna but I am receiving CH.8/11 & 12 on mine from a greater distanc. I would aim it at WVPT and see what you get from the sides, this has been a surprising antenna for me. It has done far more than expected.

Yes it is a UHF antenna but I am receiving CH.8/11 & 12 on mine from a greater distanc. I would aim it at WVPT and see what you get from the sides, this has been a surprising antenna for me. It has done far more than expected.

Your VHF stations are stronger than his. His noise margin on channel 11 is only 1.2 db.

I stand by my original statement. The Eagle Aspen 2 bay UHF only will not receive WVPT on VHF channel 11.

Your VHF stations are stronger than his. His noise margin on channel 11 is only 1.2 db.

I stand by my original statement. The Eagle Aspen 2 bay UHF only will not receive WVPT on VHF channel 11.
Agreed; only a high gain antenna designed for VHF would have a chance of getting WVPT-11. It's just too weak.

Those are CBS, FOX and NBC, and being translators likely NOT carrying an HD signal.

He can get all the networks but only ABC is likely to be HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts