Sunday Ticket discounts

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Stone, what about my case where I canceled and wasnt given any offers to keep it, then called in and was told there arent any such discounts? Do I need to turn it back on via the web site and then call, or should I be able to do all of it on one call?

Last year I went through the same rigmarole. Called and canceled and the guy just said "ok". When I called back the guy put it back on, then gave me an early cancel discount.

Maybe the guy I talked to just wasnt very creative?

Early CANCEL Discount ?

Thats a new one on me :)

I got MLB EI at a discount, so I will more than likely wait until that promo is up before I ask for ST or anything else........don't want to push my luck too much.

Also, I agree with you Jimbo, I wouldn't say "cancel" either unless I was really willing to do so.....which I'm not.

Davedirectv, thanks for the easy to follow chart..........:up

The HD and SF is not free. When you compare how much you paid for it before without SF/HD, it was $99 cheaper with ST running around 200-250 depending on when you got it. Now, they're including the SF with ST and running the price around 300-330 depending on the pack you choose.

Stone, what about my case where I canceled and wasnt given any offers to keep it, then called in and was told there arent any such discounts? Do I need to turn it back on via the web site and then call, or should I be able to do all of it on one call?

Last year I went through the same rigmarole. Called and canceled and the guy just said "ok". When I called back the guy put it back on, then gave me an early cancel discount.

Maybe the guy I talked to just wasnt very creative?

It is very odd he could get fired for that. No canceling premiums with out some type of save attempt.

Sooo...am I better off trying the CSR roulette with my canceled NFLST or just re-enabling the ST and then try canceling again but put on more of a dance this time?

The HD and SF is not free. When you compare how much you paid for it before without SF/HD, it was $99 cheaper with ST running around 200-250 depending on when you got it. Now, they're including the SF with ST and running the price around 300-330 depending on the pack you choose.

OK Slick .....
If you want to look at it that way ...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I originally paid $ 79 for Sunday Ticket , I guess they should give it to us for $ 79 forever.

OK Slick .....
If you want to look at it that way ...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I originally paid $ 79 for Sunday Ticket , I guess they should give it to us for $ 79 forever.

Yes. ;)

Sooo...am I better off trying the CSR roulette with my canceled NFLST or just re-enabling the ST and then try canceling again but put on more of a dance this time?

if you dont get a call from us in about a week to get you pick up nfl st again, I would try to add it again and try canceling again.

But I hear were are going to be tighter on nflst promos this year do to what going on next year.

I would hate to say Cancel my ST (if I wasn't ready too) and have it shut off right then and there.
I bet you'd get a great rate calling back in to turn it back on :eek:

actually, i cancelled sunday ticket last year because thge price was getting high. but a few weeks later, i changed my mind. they added it back and gave me free super fan but no offers of any discount on sunday ticket, itself.

I usually wait nearer the start of the season & always get something. Premiere, 15+ years & no late payments gets me something; one time even an NFL remote.

The annual promo for directv newbies has started.

Order NFL Sunday Ticket & get 5 months Premier package FREE + FREE HD for Life:

DIRECTV Best Offer : Order DIRECTV Today

I'm guessing this is how they will combat Dish's Free HD campaign.

Just take the NFL/Premier campaign, which is their most successful campaign every year, add Free HD for life, and start it early. Fathers day is a good kickoff reason, but I think we'll see the NFL promo run for a long time this year.

Right around $70/mo gets you NFL Ticket, Premier package, HD, and DVR for the first 5 months. Of course they will still offer their $35 Choice Xtra promo for the first year I would imagine too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)