Super Joey Specs

Does the Super Joey have a FAN?

Aww, poor Super Joey. I'm already a fan, can't wait to get one. Perfect for our situation as we only have one Hopper and 3 tuners are not always enough.
I also have a Vip 211k on the third dish output so looks like I'll have to invest in a dpp44 switch, or will Dish throw that in if they install it?

I haven't seen anything yet, but do you think it may be possible to include 1 Hopper, 1 Super Joey and 1 Wireless Joey?

I haven't seen anything yet, but do you think it may be possible to include 1 Hopper, 1 Super Joey and 1 Wireless Joey?

I haven't seen it yet either but I would think you could. The Wireless Joey is just another Joey in the setup so I don't see an issue.

Dish needs to make it so only one single line needs to be run from the LNB not 3 to do two hoppers or a hopper and this thing. If Direct can figure out how to just use one line then so can Dish no matter what it needs.

Answered before. Two totally different systems, each with their own positives and negatives.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Limit is one Hopper, one SuperJoey and three wired or wireless Joeys, any mix. Six to eight TVs require two Hoppers and no Super Joeys.

I have 2 HWSs and 2 Joeys. I have 2 EHDs attached to each HWS. If I move to 1 HWS and 1 SJ and the 2 Joeys, how can I set up the EHDs ? I assume the USB port on the SJ is not for an EHD. I don't mind losing the 2nd HWS's internal memory. With all my EHDs storage is not a problem. Being able to see all tuners and the seeing the EHDs on all receivers is more interesting to us.

You can have all 4 EHDs on a single Hopper. You will need a powered USB hub. Your Joeys will have access to both as well as the Hopper....

You can have all 4 EHDs on a single Hopper. You will need a powered USB hub. Your Joeys will have access to both as well as the Hopper....

And as you probably already know only 2 of the EHD's will be available from the pull down and can be used to play recordings. The other two can only be transferred to and from.

And as you probably already know only 2 of the EHD's will be available from the pull down and can be used to play recordings. The other two can only be transferred to and from.
Can you transfer to/from the 4 EHDs at any receiver or only in room with powered hub?

Since it has a purple coax connector, I would assume it connects to the second host port of a dual node.
Don't know if this works or not as Dish just released a splitter looking device called "integrator" for the SuperJoey that connects to the existing Joey coax network and also to the dish's third LNB port and SuperJoey.

In my mind it seems like it should work like that as far as the wiring is concerned. However, my bet would be on a 2 year contract extension, unless you're looking to possibly purchase the SJ.

Nothing to support that opinion, but that would be my guess.
I would say that is a very good guess, and that's why I am waiting to upgrade to the SJ, among other reasons. I'm still on the contract extension from upgrading to the HWS last year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)