Super Joey Specs

I find it interesting that folks with 2 Hoppers have been screaming for more seamless integration using 2 Hoppers.

What does DISH do instead???

They build a completely different unit and provide seamless integration with that instead.

As for WHEN the answer at this time still appears to be around May.

Despite what I've seen, I hope you're right. As an installer, we're basically combining a Dish Pro Plus install with a Hopper/Node install, and on some jobs that's going to add a tricky element to it. And the last thing that we as installers need is to get the install done but then run into major software issues (cough, 922, cough).

I find it interesting that folks with 2 Hoppers have been screaming for more seamless integration using 2 Hoppers.

What does DISH do instead???

They build a completely different unit and provide seamless integration with that instead.

I think there are some technical limitations with fully integrating 2 Hoppers. Since the Super Joey connects and integrates the same as a regular Joey it works much better. I myself find it to be a helpful solution from Dish. If full integration was that important to me I'd drop one of my Hoppers and put in a Super Joey but I'm more than happy with what I have now.

Yea the tech lover in me would love to replace one of my Joeys and have a two Hopper/one super Joey set up, but since that won't work, I will stick with my set up. Don't want to exchange one of my hoppers for a super Joey

I'm not so sure that 2H/1SJ absolutely won't work. Keep in mind they also stated that 3+ Hoppers couldn't be connected together but I've been doing it for nearly two years now.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

The diagram to wire this thing up is stupid. You pull a 3rd line from the dish to a splitter type device, it goes to the SJ then to a client side regular splitter output. Can you imagin the wiring hell it will cause for a tech to do this??? I mean if you are having someone replace a joey then try to explain to them it DOES NOT MATTER which one you swap out to try to save some time and work in the re-wire, but also then have to basically run that 3rd cable from the Dish which many times isn't easy and you don't get paid extra to do that. Dish pays a tech very very little to do any type of upgrades now cause they assume the cables are already run to every room in every house in the most perfect way. :rolleyes:

I'm not so sure that 2H/1SJ absolutely won't work. Keep in mind they also stated that 3+ Hoppers couldn't be connected together but I've been doing it for nearly two years now.

I agree 100%. Lets remember bridged nodes are still "unapproved" due to MOCA limitations, per DNS. I just can't see a reason SJ wouldn't work with 2 nodes in the system. My next guess would be SJ will work off a host port on a duo node. I've personally seen VIP stuff work off a host line, so why would SJ be different? At the same time, I can't find a reason I would need to prove my point. So feel free 3HALO. I promise I'll "like" it when you make it happen. lol.

The diagram to wire this thing up is stupid. You pull a 3rd line from the dish to a splitter type device, it goes to the SJ then to a client side regular splitter output. Can you imagin the wiring hell it will cause for a tech to do this??? I mean if you are having someone replace a joey then try to explain to them it DOES NOT MATTER which one you swap out to try to save some time and work in the re-wire, but also then have to basically run that 3rd cable from the Dish which many times isn't easy and you don't get paid extra to do that. Dish pays a tech very very little to do any type of upgrades now cause they assume the cables are already run to every room in every house in the most perfect way. :rolleyes:

I don't disagree with your point AT ALL. I just think you need to keep it in the Installer Zone. Hopper Zone is for everyone, and I would venture the majority is customers.

Correct me if I'm wrong,but is the diagram you are talking about using a single node with the integrator splitter? THAT would make sense about the 3rd line from the LNB as,I guess,you only need 2 lines from the LNB to the single node. Does the 3rd line from the LNB go into the integrator AND then split out 2-ways,one line to the Super Joey & the other line goes "God knows where(because I don't have a view of the diagram)" to another regular/wireless Joey(I guess?) bypassing the single node? Does the signal from the Hopper & HIC run through the single node back to the LNB & then back through the 3rd line to the Super Joey via the integrator splitter? Hey,I believe that I'm good to go if I choose to upgrade to the Hopper/Super Joey set-up because I already have 3 lines running from my Dish to 2 ViP 722k's & 1 211K. I can even hook up the integrator because I have a "4th" line connected by a splitter(which I guess I can switch out for the integrator splitter) to one of my ViP 722k's to connect TV 2 to a separate TV.

Can you post the wiring diagram?

I agree 100%. Lets remember bridged nodes are still "unapproved" due to MOCA limitations, per DNS. I just can't see a reason SJ wouldn't work with 2 nodes in the system. My next guess would be SJ will work off a host port on a duo node. I've personally seen VIP stuff work off a host line, so why would SJ be different? At the same time, I can't find a reason I would need to prove my point. So feel free 3HALO. I promise I'll "like" it when you make it happen. lol.

I don't disagree with your point AT ALL. I just think you need to keep it in the Installer Zone. Hopper Zone is for everyone, and I would venture the majority is customers.

I don't think this needs to be in the Installer Zone. There are a lot of members here that have been wait patiently for wiring diagrams. Don't forget that this site has a lot of DIY types and this is the best place to get install information.

As soon as I can get my hands on some wiring diagrams I will post them here or give to Scott to post.

I don't think this needs to be in the Installer Zone. There are a lot of members here that have been wait patiently for wiring diagrams. Don't forget that this site has a lot of DIY types and this is the best place to get install information.

As soon as I can get my hands on some wiring diagrams I will post them here or give to Scott to post.

Thanks Scherrman

Correct me if I'm wrong,but is the diagram you are talking about using a single node with the integrator splitter? THAT would make sense about the 3rd line from the LNB as,I guess,you only need 2 lines from the LNB to the single node. Does the 3rd line from the LNB go into the integrator AND then split out 2-ways,one line to the Super Joey & the other line goes "God knows where(because I don't have a view of the diagram)" to another regular/wireless Joey(I guess?) bypassing the single node? Does the signal from the Hopper & HIC run through the single node back to the LNB & then back through the 3rd line to the Super Joey via the integrator splitter? Hey,I believe that I'm good to go if I choose to upgrade to the Hopper/Super Joey set-up because I already have 3 lines running from my Dish to 2 ViP 722k's & 1 211K. I can even hook up the integrator because I have a "4th" line connected by a splitter(which I guess I can switch out for the integrator splitter) to one of my ViP 722k's to connect TV 2 to a separate TV.

The other line goes to the client port of the node.

My guess is the SJ needs to be connected to port 3 and moca. So the integrator is just a diplexor looking thing that has the 2 legs on one end- one going to port 3 off the lnb and one leg going to the client port on the solo node and the other end with 1 leg going to the SJ.

My guess is the SJ needs to be connected to port 3 and moca. So the integrator is just a diplexor looking thing that has the 2 legs on one end- one going to port 3 off the lnb and one leg going to the client port on the solo node and the other end with 1 leg going to the SJ.

Since the day they were announced I've been saying it's gonna be a variation on a diplexer, now confirmed to be an 'integrator'.

I should have clarified. I meant his issues with his employer and the pay structure. But it's all good.

Would the Super Joey wiring set-up make the duo node for Hopper/Joey unnecessary? I would imagine that the Super Joey & integrator wiring set-up would only work with the solo node,since the duo node is for a 2 Hopper set-up. I hope that someone far more knowledgeable than I could explain this. Looking at both the Solo node & the duo node,I'm left with the question why would running a third line from the LNB to an integrator that connects to the Super Joey & client output of the solo node work,but running 2 lines from the second host output & client output of a duo node into an integrator with the single line running to the Super joey not work("because God made it that way")(I know someone is pulling his hair out right now wanting the wiring diagram published to answer my questions)?

Last edited:
From Schermann's PDF, I find this language interesting.

Satellite Tuners:
2 internal;
5 when linked with a Hopper receiver

This implies (to me) that it's possible to run a SJ standalone. Or am I reading too much into that last line?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)