Superdish LNB Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

l33thax3d

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sorry to bring this subject up, I've been googleing! but I was wondering if any of those LNB's? on the Super Dish will work for FTA and how good. I wrote down the information off of each one.

Dish Network DBS STACKED LNB P/N 122676 Lot# P44 (This has one Coax connector on the bottom and the tip looks like a white marker tip)
Dish Network FSS STACKED LNB P/N 122677 Lot# P43 (The end of this is oval shapped with see threw plastic covering)
Dish Pro Digital LNBF P/N 151019 Lot#0421 (This has 2 Coax connections on the bottom)

I also have a

Dish network Multi-Dish Switch Model DP34 107107 (I was told that this will definitely work for FTA, but I never really found a good discussion about it)

Also if I have the pole, and dish with the arm, would that help me with FTA at all? I can't afford to put alot of money into this hobbie, Donations are accepted ;)

Use the one marked: FSS
There are plenty of discussions on the forum here about 'em.

The dishes & Feedhorns come in four varieties.
If you can post a couple of pictures, that'd help.

You should be able to get -some- signals on your existing dish, even though it won't be optimum.

Also, hold onto the DP34 switch. With some work, it'll let you hook three FSS LNBs to three or four receivers.

There is really a lot to discuss about using those LNBs, and since it's already been posted, I won't repeat. ;)

Call me paranoid, but a new member asking about a superdish with a screen name of "LEET HAX 3D" sounds like he is trying to pirate

Call me paranoid, but a new member asking about a superdish with a screen name of "LEET HAX 3D" sounds like he is trying to pirate

Let's analyze username "bone 100"... What are your intentions? LOL!!!

Welcome l33thax3d! Hope that we can help you get your FTA system up and running! What receiver are you using?

Last edited:
Well I would like to say thanks to everyone that has helped me so far! Don't worry, I'm not a pirate, Heck, I almost sank my friends sailboat! lmao. I took pictures of the superdish, and of the FSS, because its in pretty rough shape sadly. Let me know what you guys think. Can the plastic covering be replaced?

http://imageshack.us/g/1/10102364/

I uploaded them to a album on Imageshack.

and of right now, I have no receiver, well a old dish network 322, but i know for sure that wont work with FTA lol. Ive been looking for a receiver on the cheap, til I know everything i have pans out, then ill upgrade to something decent when I have the money

Until you can confirm that the FSS LNB works, cover the feedhorn opening with a plastic baggy that is loosely secured to allow the bag to breath, minimizing moisture build-up. Once you know that everything is working, use the plastic from a plastic bottle and a heat gun to fashion a custom cap.

I am sure that one of the members has and inexpensive 2nd or 3rd receiver laying around that could get you into the FTA hobby. If not, we often have a discounted returned item in stock with full warranty.

Get your self a brand new receiver the Micro HD is a great I have bought one my self. l33thax3d I have done several mods with the superdish lnbs look up several of my old posts and you would see what I am talking about. you have a fiberglass super dish they are heavier than the stamped steel ones but I like these ones better. Just be careful the lnbs are bandstacked it will take time getting used to them. We are here to help jusk ask us and we can help.

Dan Rose

We're here to help.
But if you want to learn more on your own, search on any of the following key words:
- FSS
- SuperDish
- bandstacked

While there are entire threads on the subject, often a few valuable comments will be buried in other threads. :)

thanks for all that have posted, i had to put this project on hold for a bit.

Come back soon as you get back to it, we will help you get to seeing those mysterious FTA signals...:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)