Supprt for multiple external harddrives?

mlinuxg

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 12, 2003
Last year in one of the tech chats it was mentioned that Dishnetwork was working on a software upgrade to support mutliple external harddrives being connected to an HD DVR receiver.

Anyone heard of where Dishnetwork may be at with this upgrade?

You already can use multiple drives, just as long as they are connected to the USB one at a time. No usb port.

You already can use multiple drives, just as long as they are connected to the USB one at a time. No usb port.

Thank you for the reply but that really wasn't the question. Dishnetwork said that they working on an update to allow multiple external drives to be connected at the same time.

Just wanted to know if anyone has heard anything about when this update may be available.

Thank you for the reply but that really wasn't the question. Dishnetwork said that they working on an update to allow multiple external drives to be connected at the same time.

Just wanted to know if anyone has heard anything about when this update may be available.
It was mentioned again as a requested feature that they are working on two or so Tech Chats ago, but I havent heard anything firm. I am (im)patiently waiting on this, too. It is a bother to plug/unplug the 4 HDs that I have sitting next to my 622.

Yes, I, too, remember that they did say they were working on allowing more than one external device to be connected at one time: specifically, both USB ports, one in the front and the other in the rear, could have external devices connected and powered at the same time. Right now, only ONE of the USB ports is active if each has something plugged into it.

However, Dish being Dish, who knows when--or even if--that will ever come? No, I have not heard anything about it since that initial mention on the Tech Forum. Ask about it on the next Tech Forum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)