Swanni says Direct WILL have 100 HD channels by years end.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Who is mis-lead? You won't know until we are seeing what is there on December 31.
lol I will use your fuzzy definition of mis-leading is and now I will making my prediction than I will be the solo owner of Microsoft and Bill Gates will no longer the CEO by the year 3040 ,Than I mis leading then?:p :cool: :cool: :cool:

You guys just can't deal with the truth too well. I'm far from bored - its actually exciting! We will be seeing you in the rearview mirror soon.

lol I will use your fuzzy definition of mis-leading is and now I will making my prediction than I will be the solo owner of Microsoft and Bill Gates will no longer the CEO by the year 3040 ,Than I mis leading then?:p :cool: :cool: :cool:

Only if in the year 3040 that doesnt happen. So if D* doesnt do what theyve said then thats misleading. What other words would you like me to define for you?

I think what we have here is a D* sub that is bored with his forums and likes to come over for arguments sake.

That being said, I do not like people who boast about what they DO NOT have. The sat is not even up yet and they have delusions of grandeur.

When the sat blows up in 28 days, you "gonna switch"?

Just because the thread was misplace by the OP doesnt mean its an E* forum thread.

Over on the D* side Sean Mota misplaced a thread about Comcast having better PQ than D*. However the real story was that while people chose Comcast over D*, MORE people chose Comcast over E*!

Obviously the thread should have been placed in the E* forum.

I will continue to watch the Sox in HD...you can go back to your VOOM.

HAHAHA I just sent you to your VOOM!

Only if in the year 3040 that doesnt happen. So if D* doesnt do what theyve said then thats misleading. What other words would you like me to define for you?

Oh my God an Other happy D costumer!!
For 2 years Ruppert an co had been advertising 1500 HD then downsize to 100 and again 150 HD on Monday,If you and Reality and other "Happy Costumers from D" are so eager to wait till "years end" good for your guys,I am happy with my 30+ HD Channels Echostar provide me at this moment,so that s make us"even"??:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ok, note to self. you two are D* fanboys who hang out in the wrong forum so I know to ignore you from now on.

BTW, I would not know that Mota posted something in the D* forum because I am an E* sub and not bored enough to go over there.

The reason this is not worth worrying/arguing about, because if you want to argue about speculation, we'll start throwing out the 2 E* sats in Dec. But you D* guys dont wanna hear that. D*'s capacity lead, if it materializes, will not stay a lead for long.

And I actually think you made the Voom comments because your jealous that as a D* sub you cant even get Nat Geo full time. :rolleyes:

You guys just can't deal with the truth too well. I'm far from bored - its actually exciting! We will be seeing you in the rearview mirror soon.

Yes we can handle the truth and the truth is Dishnetwork today is the Leader in HD programing,By the years end really dont care what would happen since I can felt from a roof or get hit by a car,But you will never see a post from me on a Direct Tv forum.;) ;)

D* has confirmed my suspecisions about counting the RSNs in their "national HD":

...In addition to the networks listed below, DIRECTV also plans to offer the HD feeds of regional sports networks on a nationwide basis this fall, and has commitments from a number of other networks to launch their HD simulcasts. They will be added to the lineup for launch by year-end and will be announced at a later date. ...

See the whole press release here.

Oh my God an Other happy D costumer!!
For 2 years Ruppert an co had been advertising 1500 HD then downsize to 100 and again 150 HD on Monday,If you and Reality and other "Happy Costumers from D" are so eager to wait till "years end" good for your guys,I am happy with my 30+ HD Channels Echostar provide me at this moment,so that s make us"even"??:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

No it doesnt make us even. Its opinion. Thats what the E* people dont get. You equate quanity with quality.

If the majority of D* subs care about sports and E* doesnt offer sports why would I care about how many channels you have? The Kung Fu channel does nothing for me.

Why do you have to justify your purchase by dragging down someone elses?

Misleading it is not. Is it misleading that Dish is called the Dish network when you need Two Dishes and an antenna to get channels?

It should be called the Dishes Network. Or build a Sat Farm on your Roof Network. :D :D

I dont mind the slant in E* vs D* info here.

Want facts. More people chose D* over E* therefore America says D* is better than E*.

Why cant you be happy with your programming?

DIRECTV Reveals 11 More HD Channels
The new high-def networks will be added later this year.
By Phillip Swann

Washington, D.C. (May 23, 2007) -- DIRECTV today announced agreements to add 11 new High-Definition channels this September when it expands high-def capacity.

The satcaster says it will offer 100 High-Definition channels by year's end.

The new HD channel agreements announced today are:
From Discovery:
Discovery Channel HD
The Learning Channel HD
Animal Planet HD
The Science Channel HD

From Starz:
Starz Edge HD
Starz Comedy HD
Starz Kids & Family HD
Starz's East and West coast HD feeds.

In addition, DIRECTV said it will carry the high-def feeds for CNBC and the Chiller channel.

"Earlier this year we called 2007 the 'Year of HD' and we're going to deliver on our commitment to offer more HD channels than any other multichannel provider," said Derek Chang, DIRECTV's executive vice president for strategy and development. "In addition to the networks we've signed to date, we will continue to add more HD programming to our launch list between now and year-end."

Read More here http://www.tvpredictions.com/dchannels052307.htm

No it doesnt make us even. Its opinion. Thats what the E* people dont get. You equate quanity with quality.

LOL

QUALITY??? This from the 1280x1080 HD satellite company? That's rich!!! The over compressed extra-lite HD crowd talking about QUALITY! hahahahahaha

Fact: D* is advertising more CAPACITY year's end, not real channels, go listen to your ads.

Oh, who are the Red Sox? Didn't Babe Ruth play for them at one time?

Don't go and get mad D* fanboys, just go.

:D

Heck, I hope D* gets all these channels up ASAP. I hope that they push the networks into developing more HD. Everyone benefits from that. I don't see E* allowing themselves to fall behind D* in HD offerings so that means they will show up on E* as well. MORE HD FOR ALL!!!

If the majority of D* subs care about sports and E* doesnt offer sports why would I care about how many channels you have? The Kung Fu channel does nothing for me.

Why do you have to justify your purchase by dragging down someone elses?

Misleading it is not. Is it misleading that Dish is called the Dish network when you need Two Dishes and an antenna to get channels?

It should be called the Dishes Network. Or build a Sat Farm on your Roof Network. :D :D

I dont mind the slant in E* vs D* info here.

Want facts. More people chose D* over E* therefore America says D* is better than E*.

Why cant you be happy with your programming?

Now I got confuse:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
If your statements now are about quality(Trust me you dont want to go there)Then why is all the cheerleading about 100 new Hd ch?Yes we are happy and the matters we got unresolved or confused we (The Dishnetwork costumers,Employees and contractors)discuss here,But the fact of the matter if a Company and I dont care if Direct Comcast or time warner ,in the race to get new costumers mislead the people then I have a problem.like I said before if you are happy I dont now why you and others bring your arguments here,Probably you love litigation.But this is a free Country so be my guess and continue you hopeless defense in the wrong house.
D* has confirmed my suspecesions about counting the RSNs in their "national HD":
If that is not misleading I dont now what it is anymore.Thank you mcdonelly for your research.

Oh, who are the Red Sox? Didn't Babe Ruth play for them at one time?

:D

Yes he did. If you have any other questions on whether or not a particular player played for the Red Sox please feel free to ask away.

As for QUALITY in that instace I was referring to the quality of the program. You may love your Kung Fu in HD...I couldnt care less for it. I may love watching the Red Sox in HD and perhaps you couldnt care less.

Thats your perogative.

You brought up signal quality and while I cant say for sure because I havent seen them both side by side to decide.

Many E* people here claim in side by side test the PQ is better than D*'s and thats their perogative. Doesnt mean I have to take it as gospel.

Comcast did a study where people preferred C* to D*..but they preferred C* to E* by a greater margin. Now are those people correct?

Why does D* intimidate you so much? Its a satellite company for you know whos sake.

Im glad your suspiscions were correct. There is no off setting on the genius switch is there?

Who has been misled? Has one customer come here and said OMG they said 100 national HD channels and there isnt I was robbed?

Personally I dont care if their a zillion channels. I only watch 8 of em. My 4 locals, 2 RSNs, 2 ESPN channels, some HBO and a little Comedy Channel.

Thats it I really dont care about much else. I dont sub to the MLB package but have the Sunday Ticket. E* cant compete for me.

What I cant understand is if you cant prove that D* misled why slander them?

Who are you to decide whether or not RSNs should count?

The Echostar fans forget that with the new satellites DIRECTV will have far greater capacity and will be able to increase the resolution and bit rate on HD channels. Dish can slap on maybe 15 or so more HD channels by converting the MPEG2 HD to MPEG4 HD. Echostar is going to need the new system up and running to compete. Remember DIRECTV will have the capacity for all local channels to be in HD not just 4 networks like Dish has currently.

The end of the year (or early next year) will be very interesting. Both new systems should be in place (or at least the start of the new Dish). Seeing the capacity of each system will be telling.

Dish is going to probably have to decide to cut off MPEG-2 HD soon or fall behind. Unless of course they suddenly get their 2 new satellites up to start the new Dish network system.

From HDTV Magazine"

http://www.hdtvmagazine.com/news/2007/05/directv_adds_el.php

DIRECTV, the nation's leading satellite television service provider, continues to set the stage for its unprecedented expansion of HD services. With agreements in place to launch four Discovery HD channels, five HD channels from Starz, CNBC and Chiller in HD, along with recently completed deals with The History Channel and A&E, DIRECTV is on schedule to roll out up to 100 national HD channels by year-end to satisfy the appetite of its HD customers, who have doubled over the last year.

From HDTV Magazine"

http://www.hdtvmagazine.com/news/2007/05/directv_adds_el.php

DIRECTV, the nation's leading satellite television service provider, continues to set the stage for its unprecedented expansion of HD services. With agreements in place to launch four Discovery HD channels, five HD channels from Starz, CNBC and Chiller in HD, along with recently completed deals with The History Channel and A&E, DIRECTV is on schedule to roll out up to 100 national HD channels by year-end to satisfy the appetite of its HD customers, who have doubled over the last year.

I would love to see Dish pick up those Discovery channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)