Switch Openbox S9 from PAL mode to NTSC

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I hit that V Format switch by accident once, no twice. Thought I was in deep do do. But pushing it a few more times got it back. Going to shave that switch down.

That V. Format button is a nuisance. On the rare occasions you might want to change video formats, you can navigate thru the menus and access the same settings, this time by choice. I poped apart the remote and put tape on the circuit board under that button. No more V. Format.

That V. Format button is a nuisance. On the rare occasions you might want to change video formats, you can navigate thru the menus and access the same settings, this time by choice. I poped apart the remote and put tape on the circuit board under that button. No more V. Format.

Great idea, and it's now on my to do list. :up

Does it pop open using a credit card from the side? I don't want to crack it, that's my kids job.

Does it pop open using a credit card from the side? I don't want to crack it, that's my kids job.

There are 4 tabs, 2 on each side that take some firm prying with two screwdrivers per side. You might gimp up the plastic edge a little, but just as you think it is going to break, it pops open. Snaps back together, good as new.

Found some batteries but I'm not going to pop it open again:) Next try to record a, 4.2.2 or 4.2.0 signal and play back on a computer. Only a 4G pen drive to start with.

Attachments

• remote 001.JPG
    remote 001.JPG
    553.4 KB · Views: 166
Finding a screwdriver in this house, is like trying to find the batteries for the camera. I lucked out it fit in the grove perfectly. Next is to stop using a pen drive, (one show at a time) for the PVR. Many thanks great idea.

I used my hot glue gun to disable the V Format Button. Just one small drop bridging from the case to the button will not let it be pushed. Yet, if that button is ever wanted the drop of hot glue can be cut with a knife in a heartbeat. 8valve

Openbox S9 remote & IV200 Remote

When I had it apart the two buttons that are on the bottom either side of the 0 (they worked) but I did not pay attention to what they did? Like last channel, did anyone else try the hidden buttons when they had it apart? I keep picking up the wrong clicker they are the same size and shape.

100_4668.JPG

The similarity between the Openbox S9 and the Visionsat remotes is striking... I wonder if the same manufacturer was responsible for both receivers. As much as I love my Visionsats, that would nudge me toward the purchase of an Openbox.

Okay tried the component output no sound then went into the menu screen TV setup of course it is asking me "No OSD Show. Press V.Format Key to Switch" Should I pop the cover on the remote again or is there another way? I should have just left it the way it was on composite video out.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)