SWM Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blackloz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
Minot,ND
A buddy wants to hook up a HR44 & HR24 on a self install all he needs is a SWM LNB & SWM 8 correct?

A buddy wants to hook up a HR44 & HR24 on a self install all he needs is a SWM LNB & SWM 8 correct?

He needs either a swm lnb, 21 volt power inserter, and splitter, or regular lnb, 29 volt power inserter, and swm8. The first choice is easier.

You don"t need the swm 8 unless you have legacy receivers. It looks like you have newer equiptment so only the two way, power inserter, will be needed to get everything working for you. The installer will know just what to do.

You don"t need the swm 8 unless you have legacy receivers. It looks like you have newer equiptment so only the two way, power inserter, will be needed to get everything working for you. The installer will know just what to do.

The only reason I listed the swm8 as an option is that I don't know what equipment he has now. You are right, he only needs the swm lnb, splitter, and pi.

He currently he has an HR24 & H24 on a non SWM SL5 dish. He wants to drop the H24 and add the HR44, so the SWM LNB, power inserter and 2 way splitter is all he needs? He is going thru a local dealer and not DirecTV, so I will get him to go & get the equipment tomorrow.

Yes. You can use any of the three cables now coming from the dish. It doesn't matter which one.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)