system Integrty check 770

bhans

Original poster
Feb 8, 2013
United States
Just received a new hopper with sling to replaceone I had upgraded to first part of March that kept randomly doing Black screenand then rebooting. I got a new western digital 2 tbyte hard drive in the daybefore and backed up my recordings. I changed out to new one and now when I letit shut down to check for updates I get the (system Integrity check 770) and ittakes 10 minutes to run through the check and then it has to scan all thetransponders again I think that the hard drive being a sleep (Power save mode)is causing this, the hard drive works fine though. Does anyone Know of thisproblem only had it running 2 days but has happened both nights, . Have not had any random reboots though like with first hopper, it had onethe first day and several the first week and then 3 in the same night duringthe NBA playoffs! I was _ off then and called Lady on phone. She did noteven know what software revision was on it all she knew was to unplug it sheput me on hold and told me that they would replace it for 15 dollars I explainedthat it was barely 2 months in service and I would not pay, so she agreed andit took about 4 days to receive this one.

Does any one have any Ideas besides unplugging it or hitting the reset, Looks like a software problem to me , I think it needs to allow more time for drive to power up.
:confused:

Thanks Bhans
2 hopper 1 with sling 1 without
2 Joeys wired Ethernet in 1 with sling dual nodeand new dish
17+ yr customer

Last edited:
Does anyone from DIRT team know what this means for sure

really do not want to talk with someone who tells me to unplug it seeing how it works pefect ever since I restored from remoted and had to Bridge it again

Thankyou

Thanks Bhans
2 Joeys wired Ethernet in 1 with sling dual node and new dish
17+ yr customer

Did your EHD come with a CD or manual? I would disable power saving mode on the EHD and then try reconnecting it to the Hopper. Regarding the integrity check, I would try connecting your Hopper to a different electrical outlet and even try bypassing your surge protector if you use one and see if that makes a difference. The System Integrity Check occurs after excessive amounts of reboots, so to me that sounds like either someone is rebooting your Hopper over and over OR, there is an issue with the power source the Hopper is connected to.

That was why I exchanged the old one Excessive reboots and I never saw the intgretiy dialoge box.

The reboot is from the nightly check for updates other than that have not had any reboots , and this is when the message appears after hooper with sling boot processs is done from like I said the 1:30 am update check, I am going to unplug the hard drive and see if that happens then but in the dialoge box it list code 770 I thought that code had to do with a EHD.
I am sure I proabably would be able to shut the enrgy saver off on the EHD but then it will set there and spin the disk constantly at 7200rpm, voltage at surge protector is 121.5volts and tons of other stuff plugged in with no problems?

I ran a exstension cord from a completlty different circuit from the one TV, MEdia player, / all things related to that circuit when it rebooted it did not show any errors, I guess I will see tonight around 1:30. Are the power supplys made that cheap in the hoppers, as I have a ton of electronics on that cicuit and have never had any problems with any of them.

I guess if that turns out to fix it I can buy a quality UPS for it? so what does code 770 in the dialog box stand for stand for?

Thanks Bhans
17+ yr customer

I just received this same error for the 1st time today since getting my hopper in January. It is still checking after 25+ minutes!

Well its that time of night again to check for updates, I checked ok, system rebooted and now it is running system integrity check again, I unplugged unit from surge protector ran an extension cord from another outlet not on same circuit and it did the exact same thing as when I had it plugged into surge protector.

Does any one know what System Integrity Check 770 dialogue box means says test can take 10 minutes and it takes every bit of that 12 minutes this time and it does not say anything was wrong. Just rebooted again. (looks like it might be running a check disk style program )

Came up after a couple of minutes of boot time had to scan transponders again this whole thing takes about 25-30 minutes could someone please answer this thread that knows what they are talking about

My system is only rebooting 1 time a day when it looks for downloads I do have an EHD and I think that the Hopper is not
waiting long enough for the EHD to wake up can someone in Engineering confirm this

we have these things hooked to the internet surely there is a log kept of errors and should send them to engineering staff so they can tweak their software/firmware

New replacement unit 3 days old and has did this every night/ but that is the only problem so far

Old unit did not do this it just rebooted mutable /inconvient times sometimes 3 times in less than an hour

Thank you

any more suggestions . Are there any Dish engineers paruse the fourms?

Thanks Bhans
17+ yr custome

I believe from observing the behavior that the system integrity check also scans your EHD. So if your EHD is completely full it will take longer than the "10 minutes" displayed on the TV. My Hopper + 1 TB EHD (at 99% capacity) takes roughly 65-70 minutes per night.

Also I get the SIC 770 nightly and now people are saying that I shouldn't be getting SIC770 ? It has always been normal behavior for my Hopper since it was installed in April of 2012.

I unhooked my 2 terabyte WD Elements Drive it was hooked up one night to old hopper I replaced because of excessive reboots at random time and I do not remember if it did that on old hopper also.

But looks like I will find out tonight if that was causing the SIC770, which only took 13 minutes but I barley, have anything on it.

Seems to me that dish should put a log file we could access in the menu to tell us why the unit crashed or so they could access it anyway

Can people list what model and brand, and size that they are using and if they ever have this issue

Either way we should not be getting that dialog box

Thanks Bhans

I have a WD AV Elements 1TB about 1/2 full on a Hopper. I occasionally get the 770 box and the last 2 times I saw it I did a power cycle reset after waiting 20 minutes for it to finish (it never did). I didn't know that it was checking the EHD though so the next time I see it I'll let it run longer.

I was awake when the reciever requested to check for updates, I let it go ahead and I had unplugged the hard drive from hopper I did not get the sytem integrety check, which is the way its supposed to be.
I bought the drive because I was getting a replacment box for 1 that kept rebooying at random times for no reason and showing no error codes.
But anyway I formatted the drive with the old reciever I am moving everything back to box and will reformat EHD with this new box and see if I get the error tonight. If not guess I will call dish and see what they advise if I can get some that knows more than to unplug your reciever

Bhans
1hooper /sling 1 original hopper 2 joeys