Tailgating with Directv SWM5 coming from Dish Network?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chapin4life

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
Hi guys

I currently have dish network and usually tailgate during summer, based on past experience I'm thinking of getting directv but have no idea how to install a SWM5.

With dish network I would use my accutrac III or simply find 119 with the foil trick on the outer lnb's.

Is it easier to install a SWM5 any tricks on getting all 5 sats? I would need 119 since my locals are in that satellite.

Last edited:
What dish/equipment are you using? Are you talking about a SWM LNB that gets 5 satellites (99/101/103 and 110/119), or a traditional LNB with a SWM5 multiswitch (which is rather obsolete but can still work).

Do you need SWM in a tailgate setup (using a Genie for example)?

If you are unsure what you have throw up some pictures and we can help.

I'm currently using a 1000.4W & 211k receiver with dish network and I'm thinking of getting SWM LNB that gets 5 satellites (99/101/103 and 110/119) with H24 DVR.
My satellite finder is a acutrac III plus

thanks for the help

The sl3 is easier to setup compared to the sl5. About the only thing you get with the sl5 over the sl3 is local sd channels.

No special tricks, watch any number of the videos on how to install a slimline, if you have done Dish and used a meter I'm sure you'll be fine.

With the SWM LNB it is pretty easy, just don't forget to use a power inserter. I though you were using a SWM5 switch, which was a short lived product replaced with the SWM8.

Are you gonna tailgate at like a fball game? Reason I ask is getting a multi LNB setup could potentially be a pain depending on where you are at. Im going to be using a setup this fall at fball games, I just went with one single lnb 18" dish with tripod and a Directv SD rcvr. Easy to hit 101 degrees and you get all the channels in SD. Im using a 40" lcd so its no big deal not having HD.

The sl3 is easier to setup compared to the sl5. About the only thing you get with the sl5 over the sl3 is local sd channels.

OP mentioned his locals are on 119... SL5 is what he needs,

chapin4life. I think You can use your accutrac with the swm5, just need splitter for the power inserter. Someone check me on this

I'm not sure which one to get Directv AU9-SL5-SWM or Directv AU9-SL5 Slimline Ku/Ka is it true I have to get a ASL1 to use my acutrac III?

No special tricks, watch any number of the videos on how to install a slimline, if you have done Dish and used a meter I'm sure you'll be fine.

With the SWM LNB it is pretty easy, just don't forget to use a power inserter. I though you were using a SWM5 switch, which was a short lived product replaced with the SWM8.

His sd locals may be on 119, but his hd locals are on 99 or 103, no need for an sl5 unless he wants sd locals. Why would he?

Locals were my issue (football games on CBS), but the RV has an OTA antenna so thats covered when we are tailgating at the stadium. Thats why I opted for just 101 and SD national programming which gives me the ESPNs.

I'm not sure which one to get Directv AU9-SL5-SWM or Directv AU9-SL5 Slimline Ku/Ka is it true I have to get a ASL1 to use my acutrac III?

How many recvrs are you using ?
If only one, why go the SWM route where you have to add a Power Inserter ... just more to deal with.

And 119 is used mainly for sd locals for some markets. What one are you in chapin4life?

I thought the ny dma was on 101 for so as well. I work out of scranton and I know the Binghamton guys are on 101. Guess it's that much further..

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I thought the ny dma was on 101 for so as well. I work out of scranton and I know the Binghamton guys are on 101. Guess it's that much further..

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

The SD would be on the 101, not sure if the HD is or not, most of the time the HD channels are on the 99 and 103.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)