Team Summit - General Assembly

Scott Greczkowski said:
Dish is # 1 in puerto Rico.

That is because it is the only company that offers anything close to adequate service. Even though it has shortcomings like no ptat or all the HD channels I still get better boxes better dvr and more hd.

n0qcu said:
AUTO-HOP is active. I just started a recording from PTA last night that was saved to my partition and a box popped up saying I could aouto hop the commercials. The first commercial break just happened. IT WORKED most of the commercial break except for a few seconds was skipped.

Awesome. So are you on software S211?

KyDave said:
For new customers (first year) I assume? So dropping $5 from $29.99.

Is the everyday price also going down $5 - from $44.99 to $39.99?

If so, pretty cool. Thats something you don't see everyday!

Just the promo starting after May 20th.

I don't dislike all commercials. I just dislike redundant commercials. I wonder if they could add a new feature to autohop. Just like recording only the new shows .One could just record the new commercial. Once you have recorded it once you never need to see it again. I have bought many things as a result of watching a commercial. My car, my tvs, my computer, my cell phones are just a small example.

I don't dislike all commercials. I just dislike redundant commercials. I wonder if they could add a new feature to autohop. Just like recording only the new shows .One could just record the new commercial. Once you have recorded it once you never need to see it again. I have bought many things as a result of watching a commercial. My car, my tvs, my computer, my cell phones are just a small example.

Then you have the opportunity to use your SKIP FWD button. The rest of us don't give a hoot whether it's a repeat commercial or not.... :)

Maybe I missed it, but not a peep about Hopper integration. I fear this may be a long time coming. I hope you guys can get some info on this as the Summit go on.

Then you have the opportunity to use your SKIP FWD button. The rest of us don't give a hoot whether it's a repeat commercial or not.... :)

Great obvious responce. That is what I do now. If they have this new feature, they just can allow the new option. It would be great for the Superbowl commercials. You who don't give a hoot can select skip all. I can select record only new.

A "TV Exec" is complaining over on Engadget. Here is his rant, "As a broadcast TV exec, it chaps my ass, and if I were sitting across from the table with Dish negotiating retransmission consent the price would go up thanks to this move. I realize people are going to skip ads (Hell I do it myself). But automating the process is going too far. I want viewers to have to take action in every break to avoid my spots, not to have the provider do it for them. If Dish wants to keep doing sh*t like this then they can cover ALL my lost spot revenue. Sounds fair?"

Here is my reply, "
What chaps my ass is having to pay for "free" over the air T.V. Every time a contract is about to expire, both companies act like children and slander one another. If the networks are forcing Dish to pay for something that is free, they should be able to do whatever the hell they want with the commercials. You guys are double dipping. You're making Dish pay you and you're still reaping the benefits of the advertising."

Great obvious responce. That is what I do now. If they have this new feature, they just can allow the new option. It would be great for the Superbowl commercials. You who don't give a hoot can select skip all. I can select record only new.

The commercials are still being recorded with the new feature. You just have the ability to auto skip them, or not when viewing the recordings later....

Honestly, I don't think this would ever be implemented. New shows have a flag in the guide information that drives recording new or repeat airings. As far as I know there is nothing like this for commercials. It would be a nightmare to implement if it were even possible.

Lt Disher said:
Maybe I missed it, but not a peep about Hopper integration. I fear this may be a long time coming. I hope you guys can get some info on this as the Summit go on.

It was mentioned.

I will be going and trying everything at 2pm.

They are wrapping up now.

Lt Disher said:
Honestly, I don't think this would ever be implemented. New shows have a flag in the guide information that drives recording new or repeat airings. As far as I know there is nothing like this for commercials. It would be a nightmare to implement if it were even possible.

Exactly. We don't need to complicate things more for something that really is that important in the grand scheme of things.

Now that is a great reason to not have only new commercials. Anyone out there know if new commercials have a different flag like new shows????

odbrv said:

This has to be the dumbest "complaint" about a new feature that I have ever heard. Literally ever. Give me a break. If you don't want to use the feature then just do exactly what you have been doing all along.