**Team Summit Update**

You have a point, changes usually mean losing grandfathered status. I really don't want to go back to paying for sports & kids programming, waste of $ for me.
Well, as long as Dish honors the two-year price guarantee, your bill shouldn't go up, even if those channels are added with the switch to the new package. So, you would still be paying the same price you are now. :)

Well, as long as Dish honors the two-year price guarantee, your bill shouldn't go up, even if those channels are added with the switch to the new package. So, you would still be paying the same price you are now. :)
Hopefully, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. This is DISH and they can change anything by way of programming increases and FEE increases any time they want to. It is in their agreement you get when you take DISH . Most likely, if they do away with the FLEX pack , they will give you the option of adding either top 120 ,200 or top 250 and you will only get the $10.00 discount on the price for the remaining months of your commitment.

Flex Pack is still listed on the Dish packages page. If they are discontinuing it, shouldn't they at least remove it from advertising.

So many chicken littles here. Flex Pack is one of the only things left Dish has that sets them apart from other providers. I don't see it going away anytime soon.

So many chicken littles here. Flex Pack is one of the only things left Dish has that sets them apart from other providers. I don't see it going away anytime soon.
I certainly hope not. My monthly bill decreased from $96 to $59 when I switched to the Flex Pack. If I have to return to the higher rate, I will save myself $100/month and go full TiVo.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Doesn't look that way. How many people want or need two hopper 3s these days anyway? Isn't that the main reason for the Dph 42 any way? So they wouldn't have to put up two separate sat dishes.

Actually, I think the main reason would be for Internationals, or those that require more than one dish to hit all the necessary satellites for their programming. Those are the ones being denied H3 installs now, pending it's release.

If it was only for multiple H3 installs, I bet they wouldnt even have thought about such a switch. Heck, I think its been questioned as to whether Dish plans to allow multiple H3 installs, even WITH the DPH42 (without jumping through hoops, at least).

Doesn't look that way. How many people want or need two hopper 3s these days anyway? Isn't that the main reason for the Dph 42 any way? So they wouldn't have to put up two separate sat dishes.
I don't think that is the main reason at all Mike. Yes, it has been said that the 42 switch would allow 2 H3s but there could be other uses for it. Just the terminology DPH-42 tells me that the switch, itself, has the hybrid function built in to it. The H3 needs that hybrid function to get 16 tuners down the pipe to the hub. So that, today, means that the Hybrid LNB is required. That hinders many dish configurations required for various subscriber needs. With the hybrid function built in to the switch you can have any dish configuration needed using standard LNBs.

Dish flex is going to be get sling.

Is the dish AirTv died?

Last edited:
I don't think that is the main reason at all Mike. Yes, it has been said that the 42 switch would allow 2 H3s but there could be other uses for it. Just the terminology DPH-42 tells me that the switch, itself, has the hybrid function built in to it. The H3 needs that hybrid function to get 16 tuners down the pipe to the hub. So that, today, means that the Hybrid LNB is required. That hinders many dish configurations required for various subscriber needs. With the hybrid function built in to the switch you can have any dish configuration needed using standard LNBs.
My thoughts exactly. The DPH42 is all about a quick easy and less expensive H3 (or muliple H3's) install to meet just about any customer configuration in existence today. no need to manufacture and replace lnbf's. Justin insert that switch and be done. now that's something cheap Charlie has to love. Oh yes the DPH42 is coming--I have no doubt because it's the smartest business decision. And as for allowing an additional H3 on the same account, that second output Port is there for a reason. otherwise it would be a DPH41 switch. I should add that it has been demonstrated that the DPH42 can be cascaded for even more receivers.

Last edited:

Timers different than Daily Scheduled recording

OAN - One America News

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)