Telstar 12 at 15.0°W How far west has somebody seen?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
i can get 15w here in canada on my 39 inch dish....i am around 79w about 4 hours north of buffalo....just scanned it yesterday....i only picked up one english channel that i would watch and that was a news channel/feed MSNBC or whatever it is.....i got about 10 other channels/feeds mostly spanish or some other languages....there could be more out there but i am only using a SD mpeg-2 receiver at the moment....

t12 15 west in toronto canada 1.2 meter dish all channels for america about 53 channels most times 13 channels open rith now 17 quality from 67 to 84

t12 have tvi from portugal to and alalam news arabe Irinn tv jame jam tv tv pampa santa maria and all the ones post bob2011,From Iran yes only at hispansat 30 west news channel in enghis Press tv all open more on s2 but codificado channels

Last edited:
Can get as low as 12.5W with a motorized dish using a SG2100 motor near Toronto in Canada. 12.5W is actually as far east as the motor will move at this location, even after moving the hardware limits all the way down. There is only 1 channel receivable in North America on this satellite at this time which is TV Record on 11622 H 3255. Currently, 15W has all the channels listed on Lyngsat on the North & South American beam as the site was recently updated (i.e. Tuves HD & TV Pampa transponders)

Well I tried for 12.5w yesterday, no go. I have good clearance over the horizon and I could see a spike on the spectrum analyzer in about the right spot. But no tv. Maybe I had something wrong with lnb settings. With the low freq. of 11622 I tried several "universal" lnb settings. I think I will move the dish back to 15w and leave it there.

Well I tried for 12.5w yesterday, no go. I have good clearance over the horizon and I could see a spike on the spectrum analyzer in about the right spot. But no tv. Maybe I had something wrong with lnb settings. With the low freq. of 11622 I tried several "universal" lnb settings. I think I will move the dish back to 15w and leave it there.

The obvious question...... Your dish has an Universal Type LNB with LO Frequencies 9750 / 10600? If using a Standard type LNB it does not go below 11700.

The obvious question...... Your dish has an Universal Type LNB with LO Frequencies 9750 / 10600? If using a Standard type LNB it does not go below 11700.

Brian,

If I recall it says Hughes net 10.7-12.2 on the label.

There is a picture in post #13 of this thread if that helps.

Last edited:

You need to use a Universal KU band LNBF as this transponder is lower than 11700. A standard KU band LNBF won't work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

30W out of range on a SG9120 motor?

SG9120 Motor Only 1 Satellite

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)