Terrestrial Strength shows as 0%

rhiggins

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
Howdy, :)

Would someone please tell me what Terrestrial is, and why do I show a Terrestrial signal strenth of 0%? My reciever plays (with good quality) even though it shows my satellite signal strenth of 33%.

I have a Sirius 50 FT TERK extension cable running from my Sirius JVC receiver to the Sirius Car Antenna device that came with the TimeTrax complete package outside my 2nd floor balcony facing north.

I have tried adjusting and more adjusting but for some reason cannot get the satellite strenth to show greater than 33%.

I appreciate any and all responses..... :)

rhiggins said:
Howdy, :)
Would someone please tell me what Terrestrial is, and why do I show a Terrestrial signal strenth of 0%? My reciever plays (with good quality) even though it shows my satellite signal strenth of 33%.
I have a Sirius 50 FT TERK extension cable running from my Sirius JVC receiver to the Sirius Car Antenna device that came with the TimeTrax complete package outside my 2nd floor balcony facing north.
I have tried adjusting and more adjusting but for some reason cannot get the satellite strenth to show greater than 33%.
I appreciate any and all responses..... :)

Depending on your location, XM broadcasts their signal off of ground towers in order to overcome issue in areas that have problems with the clear view of the sky - such as NY City where its difficult to get that clear view of the sky.

If you are in the suburbs, like I am, it is normal to recieve 0% signal on terrestrial.

However, I would suspect that you still have some signal quality issue. I noticed with XM, I see 1 sat that has partial signal, and the other with more than 80%.

Not sure what the Sirius should be doing.

i have never seen it say more than 33% either. Usually i get 33% on two or three of the inputs, with 0 on whichever one isn't 33%.

cmaier said:
i have never seen it say more than 33% either. Usually i get 33% on two or three of the inputs, with 0 on whichever one isn't 33%.

I'm getting exactly the same readings. It seems strange to me that so many people would be stuck on these same readings. The signal strength doesn't change no matter what I do with the antenna. Is anyone showing this reading having trouble with the sound levels? I'm having all kinds of trouble with TT, but don't know if it's signal related.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)