Terrible Install

Kaydigi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 1, 2004
Had a Dish Installer add a 625. I have a Super Dish with a DP34 switch. Both the 721 and 522 are connected to the switch and everything runs fine.

Installer needed to add the 625 upstars, he kept insisting on me taking out the 721 and just running the 625 TV 2 into the kids room. I said no I want all 3 boxes hooked up.

He added a a second DP34. He added the 625 to the initial switch and moved the 721 to new one he installed. Every thing looked good the 625 was activted and the 522 came on as normal. I made the mistake of not looking at the switch, I thought the 721 was on the initial switch (but he moved it to the new one). The 721 usually takes a while recover from a hard reset ( about 9 minutes sometimes).

The installer left and I went to check on the 721 and I saw it was still downloading guide date. I did a check switch on the 721 and it shows my 3 sats

119----/105/110
Green/N.C./N.C

I said uh oh and went to check his switch setup, that's when I saw that he moved the 721 to the new switch.

So I swaped the 721 with the 625 and the 522 and here is what the dish screen showed

119----/105/110
Green/XXXX/XXXX
Reception Failed (or something like that)

I called Dish and the installers office (which seems closed). Dish has rescheduled an appointment for Tuesday. The CSR apologized the whole time.

The new DP34 switch that was installed just has the 2 lines(going to the 721) and 3 lines coming from the the first switch.

Yeah I made of mistake of not checking the switch setup before he left, i had my parents do a pop in visit and I wasn't thinking straight.

So if you guys can help, thanks.

volkodav said:
did you do a check switch or you just went menu 6-1-3?

I did the check switch every time. On the regular switch ever thing works. but not on the new one that was brought.

swap switches around see what happens. then probably try hooking both receivers to new switch and one to the old. check connections to make sure nothing is touching center conductor

volkodav said:
swap switches around see what happens. then probably try hooking both receivers to new switch and one to the old. check connections to make sure nothing is touching center conductor

Will do, I will post what happens.

No dice, it always shows #2 as either failed or not connected on the check switch.

I tried each switch by itself using 2 receivers at a time and it works, just not with both switches connected together. The switch without cables from the dish always fails.

so when you trunk them they fail? I'm puzzled, i think you going to have to call dish and explain the problem see if they will give you a DPP 44 switch and you need just one of them to ran all 3 of your receivers. i just don't see any other ways to fix this problem

volkodav said:
so when you trunk them they fail? I'm puzzled, i think you going to have to call dish and explain the problem see if they will give you a DPP 44 switch and you need just one of them to ran all 3 of your receivers. i just don't see any other ways to fix this problem

Sorry for the late reply DSL went out last night. I found the problem the installer wired the switches wrong., Instead of connecting them like the design he put it from SWITCH to SWITCH instead of from SWITCH ----> DISH..

Just when all the boxes were working the new 625 looks like it died. After it passed the check switch everything was good. I was watching TV on it for about 20 minutes and it froze. I did a soft resest and the picture never came back. Did a hard reset and the piciture never came back. It did this once when the installer was there and a soft reset brought the picture back.

I left it unplugged overnight, if the picture doesn't back i'm pretty much at the point of calling DISH and telling them to pick it up.

don't waist time call them now. or call local office see what they can arrange since it newer worked after tech left

volkodav said:
don't waist time call them now. or call local office see what they can arrange since it newer worked after tech left

Yeah this has been terrible experience, I will call Dish when I get a chance today.

Also make them wire the LNB-switch connections correctly.

DP34 Input Port #1 = 119, #2 = 110, #3 = 105.

Finally, DP34s can "hang". Try removing power from ALL 3 receivers at the SAME TIME to reset them.

SimpleSimon said:
Also make them wire the LNB-switch connections correctly.

DP34 Input Port #1 = 119, #2 = 110, #3 = 105.

Finally, DP34s can "hang". Try removing power from ALL 3 receivers at the SAME TIME to reset them.

Dish tech replaced the 625 with a new unit. I already saw a difference between the new version and the DOA one. The 625 recorded the 101 channels automatically on the first install, while the DOA one froze at this point.

Bad news for some reason Dish disconnected my 522 when they activated the 625. I had to call and get straighten it out, damn I lost a recording of Star Trek Next Generation featuring the BORG.

volkodav said:
i think it's a bad DP 34.
\
yep..I think you are correct...Tech should have not left before all recivers were working properly....Because of his neglect, he may be backcharged for the job if he is not assigned the w/o to return and fix the job......

Kaydigi said:
Sorry for the late reply DSL went out last night. I found the problem the installer wired the switches wrong., Instead of connecting them like the design he put it from SWITCH to SWITCH instead of from SWITCH ----> DISH..

Just when all the boxes were working the new 625 looks like it died. After it passed the check switch everything was good. I was watching TV on it for about 20 minutes and it froze. I did a soft resest and the picture never came back. Did a hard reset and the piciture never came back. It did this once when the installer was there and a soft reset brought the picture back.

I left it unplugged overnight, if the picture doesn't back i'm pretty much at the point of calling DISH and telling them to pick it up.
That's what I would refer to as brain fart..sounds lie an honest boo boo..But as I staed earlier , the tech should have confirmed his work before departing..
The 625 has sh*t the bed.... Call dish and.get another....

dishcomm said:
\
yep..I think you are correct...Tech should have not left before all recivers were working properly....Because of his neglect, he may be backcharged for the job if he is not assigned the w/o to return and fix the job......

2 techs came yesterday to fix the job. So far so good except the mishap of Dish CSR disabling my 522 while it was in the middle of recording a 2 part episode of Star Trek Next Generation.

Does Dish not give sticker labels for the remotes anymore? I have 4 remotes 522 & 625 and the parents in town for week = :confused:

volkodav said:
look in your manual or in side receiver box there should be something there

Will do volkodav.

Also an update. The new DP34 looks like it's dead. I can not lock on channel 175 and a few others. The 625 is the only receiver on this switch, while the 721 and 522 is on
the older switch with no problem.

On the new switch (625 rec) it passes a check switch fine but can not lock on certain channels (175 being one of them). On the old switch both boxes (721/522) can lock on channel 175 fine with no problems. Called Dish and they will be sending someone on Monday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)