The Expanse...Amazon Prime

I really wish the Show Runners could have dealt with Alex some other way, like shrapnel from a stray PDC round disfiguring his upper body and coming out of the AutoDock with a new reconstructed face. Keep Alex, but lose Anvir.

It just screws up the show too much since Alex is in the books in the coming decades. I was hoping not to deal with the books and the show as two totally different character sets.

I really wish the Show Runners could have dealt with Alex some other way, like shrapnel from a stray PDC round disfiguring his upper body and coming out of the AutoDock with a new reconstructed face. Keep Alex, but lose Anvir.

It just screws up the show too much since Alex is in the books in the coming decades. I was hoping not to deal with the books and the show as two totally different character sets.
They should have kept Bull on. He would have helped fill the void.

Reactions: Foxbat and Zookster
They should have kept Bull on. He would have helped fill the void.
There's an interesting scene at the end of the season 5 finale, part of the reshoots, that shows Bull sitting on the Roci bridge holding a mug with Alex's name on it. I thought for sure that meant he would fill the pilot shoes.

Reactions: bookworm370
Also, not to steal the thread, I watched the new season as well. I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed but it seems they upped the resolution. I have the Fire TV Cube and the other seasons didn't go into a 'updating frame rate' screen. But when I put on Season 6, I get the frame rate message.

Reactions: Foxbat
Man, it drives me nuts how flat Marco's character is, but at least they hinted at a broader plan regarding sustainability among the Belt. Drummer seems so out of place in Pa's character.

If they were looking to have a dark character, Marco sure fits the bill. Scary guy!
Except in the Novel Marco actually has a plan. It wasn't just We Will Rock You! He was a megalomaniac and had serious flaws and obsessions, but there was a plan, including a team, to make life sustainable for the Belt that is being entirely ignored, making Marco just look like a gangster that got lucky. They barely touched on this in the first episode of Season Six.

Also, not to steal the thread, I watched the new season as well. I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed but it seems they upped the resolution. I have the Fire TV Cube and the other seasons didn't go into a 'updating frame rate' screen. But when I put on Season 6, I get the frame rate message.
That's a device-specific thing. The FireTV isn't updating in an upgrading sense, it's just matching the frame rate for your TV, which may improve quality for you depending on your display. If you weren't seeing it before, it's possible something has since changed in your setup or settings. I see the "updating frame rate" message when I watch almost anything UHD in the Prime app via my 4K FireTV stick on my LG OLED CX. But I don't see that watching Prime content on my 2020 Roku Ultra.

Reactions: bookworm370
They are “fixing” the difference between the books and the show with how totally screwed the biosphere was from just three strikes. I thought Season 5 downplayed the impact (sorry) the asteroids had on Earth. Solution: throw more rocks!

I’m hoping that Prax gets a call-back but something tells me this will be one of the plot lines that won’t make it into the last five shows. At most, it will be introduced as a solution “found by a Belter.”

They are “fixing” the difference between the books and the show with how totally screwed the biosphere was from just three strikes. I thought Season 5 downplayed the impact (sorry) the asteroids had on Earth. Solution: throw more rocks!
I'm not certain why the scale of the deaths was toned down, but the books are aligned with the first episode regarding the additional rocks, because they are trying to pin Earth/Mars back.
I’m hoping that Prax gets a call-back but something tells me this will be one of the plot lines that won’t make it into the last five shows. At most, it will be introduced as a solution “found by a Belter.”
Really wouldn't take much time to do so, but the script writer(s) are having trouble incorporating small significances. LIke, of course, they'd need to explain there is a food shortage and why that is needed. Sometimes it is a shame that the sci-fi in sci-fi gets lost in the translation, and quite unnecessarily. It isn't like the novel is super deep in details.

One thing I did notice, there aren't many people. Filip is in a bar in one scene... with lots of people (in the book). In the episode, it is like a small cafe at an airport with almost no one there.

Saving money.

I went back and re-watched Episode 601 and 602. I‘m feeling a bit better about things. Always fun to watch Bobby in her Goliath having the unfair advantage.

One thing the post-show Podcast “Ty and that Other Guy” mentioned was they made five X-Ray Bonus Content shorts. I’m not sure if they’re accessible during the whole episode or only during certain scenes.

Started rewatching season 5 tonight in preparation for when season 6 is compete.

I’m doing this more often these days with the new normal being 6-10 episodes a year apart. In many cases with Netflix and Amazon I wait until a show is completely done before starting.

I went back and re-watched Episode 601 and 602. I‘m feeling a bit better about things. Always fun to watch Bobby in her Goliath having the unfair advantage.

One thing the post-show Podcast “Ty and that Other Guy” mentioned was they made five X-Ray Bonus Content shorts. I’m not sure if they’re accessible during the whole episode or only during certain scenes.
If you have a FireTV device, you can access the bonus scenes by selecting X-ray (arrow up) at any point during any episode and toggling over to the Bonus Scene tab (all scenes to date a viewable). That tab doesn't seem to appear when using Prime on other devices, like Roku. I hear you can also access the scenes on a computer or mobile device.

I That tab doesn't seem to appear when using Prime on other devices, like Roku. I hear you can also access the scenes on a computer or mobile device.
It does on my Roku Ultra (2020)

I have January 14 as the final episode. Eagerly awaiting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
And I will watch on the 15th.

This is how we watch every series, Streaming or Traditional.

Started Yellowstone Season 4 on Saturday since the Finale was last night, 3 episodes in.

OK guys, did they release the whole 6th season or are they doing a week by week release ?
When is the End date if you want to binge it ?
Yeh, I'm canelling Disney+ until Boba Fett is done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)