The FCC has no Bite?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FlyingJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 19, 2005
Bexley, Ohio
I suppose that it was just wishful thinking that the FCC was going to hold up the Comcast/NBC deal until Comcast played nice with the SatCos regarding the Philly feed. How the heck did that subject completely die again. Not a word on the subject since.....well, forever.

I am just waiting for Comcast to try withholding an event like the Olympics from Satellite and competing cable companies or holding it for randsome and seeing how much noise is made about that.

I think the FCC made a big mistake today.

Despite the language in the approval I will not believe this wasn't a tremendous mistake until I see CSN Philly added to the DirecTV and Dish lineups.

FCC did a big epic fail today. What's next, AT&T and D*? FCC did make a major mistake when the XM-Xirius merged. Their service went down hill fast.

FCC did a big epic fail today. What's next, AT&T and D*? FCC did make a major mistake when the XM-Xirius merged. Their service went down hill fast.

Incorrect. Either Sirius or XM (or both) would have gone out of business. Nobody's been hurt and in fact, I'm paying half what I was before due to the conditions for ala carte programming.

at&t already has a partnership with D*...

The talk of at&t buying D* started a LONG LONG time ago, nothing new here.

Everyone has thier own opinion as to if it would be a good or bad thing.

I am just waiting for Comcast to try withholding an event like the Olympics from Satellite and competing cable companies or holding it for randsome and seeing how much noise is made about that.

I think the FCC made a big mistake today.​

This is to everyone: How much longer is the contract between NBC and the Olympics? I could see FOX wanting a piece of that action and having the package of channels to place multiple events on. Also, I really don't think the Olympics would tollerate that once their contract was up; however, I also wouldn't put that past Comcast.

This is to everyone: How much longer is the contract between NBC and the Olympics? I could see FOX wanting a piece of that action and having the package of channels to place multiple events on. Also, I really don't think the Olympics would tollerate that once their contract was up; however, I also wouldn't put that past Comcast.

Edit:
As Joe Mentioned, NBC 's contract ends in 2012, that said, negotiations are ongoing thru the 2020 Olympics.
I originally saw the 2020 in type and didn't read the rest of the article.

Last edited:
NBC only has the 2012 ones and ESPN, fox and others want to have them next.

Will comcast try the old Olympics Triplecast PPV idea?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts