the "I now have a hopper 3 and I have questions" thread

Not true. As just one example, on my old H1/J1/J1 system, if one made guide changes on the H1, those changes carried over to the J1s automatically. Now, for example, I created a custom "HD only" guide in the H3, but that guide IS NOT visible in the J4K or the J2!! So, essentially, I have to do three times the work because now I have to set up the same custom guide in all three boxes.
Maybe the memory is just gone (they say it's the first to go - LOL) but I sure don't recall ever "sharing" custom channel lists among Hoppers and Joey's - it would be useful to find someone here that still has that equipment to settle the question for us.

Last edited:
Yup, isn't that nice.... ;) But in reality, it might be a good thing. Wouldn't you want to be able to block Adult content in a Joey that in your kids room but allow it in the Joey that's in your room? I agree, it's PITA, especially programming the favorites lists to be the same so channels are accidentally not displayed and you miss something.
In my house, different TV's tend to have different viewers and different viewing preferences so this is great. But since there seems to be opposing tastes, I guess it would be nice to make this an option that could be turned on and off.

I've always used the parental controls to block all of the SD, shopping, audio, sports PPV, etc. channels. It's tedious, but the new screen is better than the old one. You then have the option to copy your channel locks to other receivers. Unfortunately, my wife has figured out how to unblock QVC :eek:

The positive side to this technique is that all of the blocked channels are also blocked from search results.

My J2 has a major lip sync problem. The only way to fix it is to force a restart. Also I keep losing audio completely and have to turn the tv off and the on to fix it. It is a Vizio tv.

I can't remember what thread it was mentioned in but it was about setting timers for shows that weren't on in the next 9 days.

When doing a search for a show that doesn't show any upcoming episodes just arrow up to Summary and it will bring you to a screen that will allow you to select Record When Available.

This should solve any recording conflicts for shows that aren't on for a while.

Reactions: peggy97850
Maybe the memory is just gone (they say it's the first to go - LOL) but I sure don't recall ever "sharing" custom channel lists among Hoppers and Joey's - it would be useful to find someone here that still has that equipment to settle the question for us.
You remember correctly. There has never been customs sharing. I have had ALL the Hopper incarnations. I think what we are dealing with here is "wishful reality" (or a bad memory).

Reactions: xfoneguy
I can't remember what thread it was mentioned in but it was about setting timers for shows that weren't on in the next 9 days.

When doing a search for a show that doesn't show any upcoming episodes just arrow up to Summary and it will bring you to a screen that will allow you to select Record When Available.

This should solve any recording conflicts for shows that aren't on for a while.
What does seek mean when setting up timers?

Seek & Record will record a lot of stuff you probably don't want but sometimes it's the only option you have.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Reactions: xfoneguy
I have a few questions:

1) I backed up the settings and timers on my 40.0 remote using the Hopper 2K but how do I restore the timers on the H3 as I was thinking it required pairing the 40.0 remote to the H3 but I could not seem to figure out how to pair it even though it says to press and release the SAT button on the 40.0 remote to pair it except my H3 isn't showing any response after I do that.

2) For some channels on my LG 65EF9500 65" UltraHD/4K OLED TV, it seems with the format of Normal, it will be surround with black on all four sides making the picture very small so I changed it to Zoom by hitting options and then DIsplay Format, is there a faster way to do the Display Format and if I kept it on Zoom, will it use Normal for the channels that don't need the Zooming on it's own or do I have to change the Display Format on each channel?

3) While the H3 has 16 tuners, I noticed for example on mines, tuner 1 was not used, tuner 2 shows a channel and tuner 3 is idle. It seems to only shows 4 channels, how do I get it to show the the other tuners and is there a way to clear a tuner like making both 2 & 3 not used and then make the watched channel being on tuner #1?

Thanks!

I have a few questions:

1) I backed up the settings and timers on my 40.0 remote using the Hopper 2K but how do I restore the timers on the H3 as I was thinking it required pairing the 40.0 remote to the H3 but I could not seem to figure out how to pair it even though it says to press and release the SAT button on the 40.0 remote to pair it except my H3 isn't showing any response after I do that.

2) For some channels on my LG 65EF9500 65" UltraHD/4K OLED TV, it seems with the format of Normal, it will be surround with black on all four sides making the picture very small so I changed it to Zoom by hitting options and then DIsplay Format, is there a faster way to do the Display Format and if I kept it on Zoom, will it use Normal for the channels that don't need the Zooming on it's own or do I have to change the Display Format on each channel?

3) While the H3 has 16 tuners, I noticed for example on mines, tuner 1 was not used, tuner 2 shows a channel and tuner 3 is idle. It seems to only shows 4 channels, how do I get it to show the the other tuners and is there a way to clear a tuner like making both 2 & 3 not used and then make the watched channel being on tuner #1?

Thanks!
It normally seems to show 2 more tuners than are actually in use. The important numbers are at the top: "x of 16 tuners in use" ....... if you were to set up 16 programs (or whatever) they would definitely show up. You can't "get" it to show more than it does by design. The reason the tuners arent in a nice numerical order is that as programs drop off from recording, it doesnt (for example) move what's on tuner 3 to tuner 1.

Is there something similar to this on the Hopper 3, this is from my Hopper 2000 where it shows the size of the External Hard Drive and the free space?

6T27fVT.jpg

Yes but how do you get to it on the H3 as I couldn't find it on the H3? The only thing that even mentions the External HD is when you hit the options button after selecting the External Hard Drive using the Sources option in the DVR menu.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)