The Movie Channel- HD?

tsanders3

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 13, 2008
Simpsonville, SC
Recently took advantage of the upgrade to Gold promotion. Was looking at the HD for that package and the Dish Website seems to say that The Movie Channel (on channel 329 and 330) are in HD. On my guide they just show up in SD. Could someone confirm if they get those channels in HD? Thanks!

Recently took advantage of the upgrade to Gold promotion. Was looking at the HD for that package and the Dish Website seems to say that The Movie Channel (on channel 329 and 330) are in HD. On my guide they just show up in SD. Could someone confirm if they get those channels in HD? Thanks!
Here's the deal. TMC-West is included in AT250... Dish has TMC-East in HD only if you subscribe to Showtime.

KAB said:
Here's the deal. TMC-West is included in AT250... Dish has TMC-East in HD only if you subscribe to Showtime.

The Movie Channel (West) and The Movie Channel Xtra (West) are included in America's Top 250 ($69.99/month) and Dish Latino Max ($57.99/month). I am not sure why The Movie Channel Xtra (West) is not listed on the lineup cards anymore. Both are currently only in SD.

DirecTV has The Movie Channel (East) in HD and The Movie Channel (West) in only SD last time I checked in Choice Ultimate ($74.99/month I believe). However, DirecTV has The Movie Channel Xtra (East) only in HD and in the Showtime premium package.

KAB said:
+1, especially if you want movies.

...and in HD.

AT250 does have a lot of movie channels, but they are not in HD like:
Epix Drive-In
The Movie Channel West (like mentioned)
The Movie Channel Xtra (like mentioned)
Encore (HD only)
Encore West
Encore Westerns
Encore Action
Encore Suspense (also in BB@Home)
Encore Love
Encore Family
MoviePlex (also in BB@Home)

tsanders3 said:
Would be nice if the epix channels had a little more variety. With 3 channels they should be able to cut down on repetition.

I have to agree especially since it looks like Epix has a lot of titles in its movie library online.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)