The NBA Finals- It's Lakers vs. Celtics!!

How's that working out for ya?

I'll admit, this series is off to a much more competitive start than I would've originally thought. The Celts held onto what would've been the biggest comeback in NBA playoff history by the Lakers last night in Game 2. (A lead by 24 points with 7 minutes left in the 4th was widdled down to 2). If the Celts would've lost that game, it would've done horrible things to their confidence and self esteem.

However, it didn't happen and the fact of the matter is that the Celts are up 2-0. History shows that only 3 teams in NBA history have ever came back from being down 0-2 to win the Championship. The last team to do so was the '06 Heat. The other two teams to accomplish this feat were the '69 Celtics and the '77 Trail Blazers.

I'll admit, this series is off to a much more competitive start than I would've originally thought. The Celts held onto what would've been the biggest comeback in NBA playoff history by the Lakers last night in Game 2. (A lead by 24 points with 7 minutes left in the 4th was widdled down to 2). If the Celts would've lost that game, it would've done horrible things to their confidence and self esteem.

However, it didn't happen and the fact of the matter is that the Celts are up 2-0. History shows that only 3 teams in NBA history have ever came back from being down 0-2 to win the Championship. The last team to do so was the '06 Heat. The other two teams to accomplish this feat were the '69 Celtics and the '77 Trail Blazers.

I'm certainly not ready to celebrate. My biggest fear coming into this series was winning the first two games...................and then losing the next four. I don't think THAT will happen, but I do think the Celtics need to win one game in LA. I think the Lakers win game 3. Their crowd will be energized and the Lakers will be out for blood (in fact I wouldn't be surprised by a lopsided Lakers win in game 3). That being said, IMO, game 4 is the critical one for the Celtics to take in LA. As a Celtics fan, I would be a little uncomfortable if the series was 2-2 with game 5 in LA. Either way, I'd be shocked if this series doesn't come back to Boston.

Its OVER.

Celts win one in LA and one at home and the series is done.

I will state this though. The two ticky tack fouls on Kobe shouldnt have been called. Its been like this throughout the playoffs though. The officials have been horrible and Ive been consistent in saying that its been both for and against the Celts throughout.

With that said Garnett had a tough time handling Gasol and the Lakers didnt keep feeding him the ball. The Lakers had a chance to do something and they didnt. Nice Zen Triangle thing, hows that working out for ya?

Celtics won, give them credit for making their shots. But how many times did Gasol go to the basket make the shot while getting hit and no call ? I can remember at least three times. That is great defense if you can get away with it. All I ask is the game be call the same both ways, sure they are going to miss some here and there. But last night was one of the worse called games I've seen in awhile. I would LOVE to have the roles reversed and hear what the Boston fans would say :)

I love how every Boston fan I know just puts off the officiating last night. Did you watch the same game? There was some calls where the players did minimal push off like they do every game of the year and it gets called. Powe shooting more FT's in about 3 minutes than the entire Lakers team...nothing suspicious about that either. Have fun with your fixed World Championship. You deserve the asterisk like your Patriots and Barry Bonds.

I love how every Boston fan I know just puts off the officiating last night. Did you watch the same game? There was some calls where the players did minimal push off like they do every game of the year and it gets called. Powe shooting more FT's in about 3 minutes than the entire Lakers team...nothing suspicious about that either. Have fun with your fixed World Championship. You deserve the asterisk like your Patriots and Barry Bonds.
Powe got fouled repeatedly under the basket making strong vertical moves up and down, not these little ticky tack fouls that his highness Bryant picks up by throwing his body through the air at the opponent. Ive watched Boston LA series since the 70's and you cry babies havent changed. Tel me how many times has LA beaten BOSTON this year? :rolleyes:

Are you for real??? While I'll admit there were a couple of questionable calls on Kobe, that's it. And the reason Powe went to line so much is because he plays in the paint. Then again being a Lakers fan, you may not realize where the paint is. Instead of blaming the officials like your insufferable coach does, why don't you question why the Lakers SETTLE FOR JUMP SHOTS 90% of the time? Another factoid: the Lakers commited only 7 more fouls than the Celtics last night. That's because Powe was living under the basket when he was fouled in shooting situations.

One last thing: Your POS coach INTENTIONALLY mispronouncing Leon Powe's name was one of the most bush league things I've ever seen in a press conference. It was obvious he mispronounced Powe's name for effect. In other words, "Who's this guy, he's not entitled to getting foul calls.....we're the Lakers, we're entitled!" That kid has been through hell in his life (and he's a super human being by all accounts). Leon has more class in his ring finger than "the Zen Master" has in his entire body. If people think I'm overreacting to this, guess again. This Phil Jackson press conference has been getting huge play all day in Boston.

BTW..........welcome to Eastern Conference basketball. If you can't take the heat, then get out of the kitchen!!!

The fact of the matter is that the BOSTON bench played great games. Cassell in game 1, Powe in Game 2. ANd Posey aint bad either.

O and BTW.... Michael Jordan would not be down 0-2

Last edited:
The fact of the matter is that the BOSTON bench played great game. Cassell in game 1, Powe in Game 2. ANd Posey aint bad either.

Don't forget P.J. :) I DON"T want to see Sam I Am tomorrow night, time to give Eddie House a shot at the point.

So far all I've seen is Boston holding their serve on home court. If they can steal one in LA, it's over for Kobe and company. Loved the white guy running from half court to make the layup late in the game. When did traveling stop being a rule?

KNX RAdio reported this A.M. that a "seat provider" here in L.A. sold four first row court seats for tonight's game for $22,500.00 E-A-C-H!!!!!! The report continued to say that the "provider" was selling second row seats for $7,500.00 each. So, the need to see and be seen on worldwide TV here in L.A. definitely has it's price.:cool:

The Boston Celtics will be unveiling their new jersey tonight. :)

Attachments

• Celtics.jpg
    Celtics.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 112