The "new" iPad Announcement / Discussion Thread

But why, once it says "out for delivery" I will check it again is beyond me - but I know I will.

Still at destination sort facility ;)

So true! My truck hasn't rolled yet, either. Resisting the temptation to call Brad, my FedEx driver. ;):rolleyes:

Just picked up mine at Verizon! No crowds, just four people in front of me and I showed up 5 minutes before the opening. I had an appointment with a sales person, but it really wasn't necessary.
Love the retina screen! It's gorgeous!

I think its funny it looks like he rolled out of bed, put his shoes on and headed to the Apple store... dosen't even look like he combed his hair. :)

That's the point!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I love Woz.

If I had to pick two celebrities in the world to interview it would be Paul McCartney and the other would be Woz. Both are technology nuts and both have an amazing story to tell.

Just stopped by our local Walmart to pick up some goodies for this morning's staff meeting. If I wanted to I could have picked up any size WiFi "new" iPad in just a few seconds. Not a single person, not one person at all, in the entire electronics department and a lot of iPads for the taking. They even had signs everywhere advertising them. I bet if I went back in the afternoon when I got off work, I still would not have to wait in line. I guess there are some perks to living in a ghetto city? :D

My browser closes the webpage that Rocky provided the link to. Good Luck Guys with the new iPad!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is here and I got to admit the screen has WOWED me.

I didn't expect it to look that good!

Here are 3 generations boxes of the iPads. If you didn't know what the new iPad box looked like it would be very easy to buy a 2 by mistake.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    187.3 KB · Views: 47
Right about that Scott. Especially if not getting the Verizon model. There is is easy to tell as the box is labeled with "4G" Don't believe the iPAD2 had this.

Got mine too. Setting it up now. I was going to take a picture of it but when I realized it looks JUST LIKE the iPad 2 box and stuff I figured there was no point. ;p

And the iPad itself looks about the same as iPad 2. Until you turn it on. ;)
It's a bit thicker, a bit heavier, but you wouldn't tell.
Fits nicely in the old iPad 2 cover.

09:15​

Yep. Actually delivered before I got to work. I was online trying to make some medical arrangements and so was late getting in.

Opened outer box, will keep the white box sealed in shrink wrap so my wife may open it. Now to get a long stemmed rose....

I ordered 2 with different addresses. First one has arrived at other address. Still waiting on the other to come here to sell it which is already spoken for at 850. Total cost for 2nd 16GB wifi New Ipad. $250 and change :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

09:15​

Yep. Actually delivered before I got to work. I was online trying to make some medical arrangements and so was late getting in.

Opened outer box, will keep the white box sealed in shrink wrap so my wife may open it. Now to get a long stemmed rose....

Somebody is expecting to have a good night tonight! :D

Some VERY early impressions..

Yes, believe the hype, the new screen is great. When you do a side by side comparison with the iPad 2 it's almost embarrassing how it used to look.
There isn't much of a speed difference, which is understandable.

The extra heft and size is negligable except when you do a direct comparison, and also it may show up if you use a full body case like I do. It still fits fine, but there is a rather noticeable bulge that wasn't there before. If you have a tight fitting one that is almost akin to a "skin" then you may run into an issue.

Try to do a restore via iTunes instead of iCloud, as doing it through the cloud will mean everything needs to be downloaded again. Speaking of, my iPad seems to be "stuck" on an app and refuses to update anymore... Anyone else experience this?

Speaking of restoring, for the most part all my data was retrieved just fine EXCEPT for one game which I was really into, meaning I need to start all the way back from the beginning.

Overall I'm satisfied, but I do want this one app to just go away so I can continue to update my apps. I am looking forward to the "Retina Friendly" version of many of these.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts