Not open for further replies.

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
I figured I would start this for my wife.;)

Talk about what you want, but Mrs Msmith must have the record for living farthest away from her all time favorite sports team. Just wanted to compare.

Husband, this is a test

Using mapquest, how many miles does your wife live from HER favorite sports teams city?

Mrs-Msmith lives 1404.98 miles from the Red Sox. Yes, we live in mississippi....go figure

14 miles from Cleveland Browns Stadium.

What? You think I'd marry a Steeler fan?! Seriously, this was one of the first questions I asked her when we were dating. If she wasn't a Cleveland fan, I wasn't going to take the relationship any further. ;):D

Can't find how far it is from Colorado to Moscow, but it's far.

and seriously, how many wives have a favorite sports team????

Probably not many... I more than just have favorite teams though. I'm obsessive. I grew up in a house full of men. I have my dad, three brothers, and a half brother.. I either had to learn to like sports or I would have had some very miserable adolescent years. As it turns out though, I think I ended up being the biggest sports fanatic in my family.

Now to respond to my husband... it does not matter where you live in relation to a team!!

I don't understand people who think you have to cheer for the team you live the closest to. I have dealt with crazy looks my whole life over being a red sox fan, because no one can seem to understand why I don't cheer for the Braves..... very annoying!

Probably not many... I more than just have favorite teams though. I'm obsessive. I grew up in a house full of men. I have my dad, three brothers, and a half brother.. I either had to learn to like sports or I would have had some very miserable adolescent years. As it turns out though, I think I ended up being the biggest sports fanatic in my family.

Now to respond to my husband... it does not matter where you live in relation to a team!!

I don't understand people who think you have to cheer for the team you live the closest to. I have dealt with crazy looks my whole life over being a red sox fan, because no one can seem to understand why I don't cheer for the Braves..... very annoying!
Feisty:tux:

:p

:welcome Mrs. Smith!

My wife really doesn't care about sports, so no answer. I suspect she'd say Boston Celtics, but for her that ;) would mean Larry Bird was still playing.

:rolleyes:You knew that would get under my skin when you posted it... I'd be willing to bet, that is why you picked the question!
Ya think?;)

I was also curious about the other members wifes

Edit: Their teams!!!! Their teams!!!!
I just realized how that sounded:eek:

My husband doesn't know my favorite team, so he can't answer. We've been married for almost five years and he still doesn't know.

My favorite team is the New England Patriots and we live in Hutchinson, KS. From here to Boston it's 1650.88 miles.
sometimes I wish we lived that far apart!:D:D

yep! im gonna miss her in bed tonight!:D:D

yeah, well, at least if I'm sleeping on the couch, I won't have to worry about being hit in the middle of the night.:D

Note: HiFi didn't mean to hit me, he was sleeping. And it didn't hurt, it just woke me up. I, however, kick in my sleep, so he does have to worry about that. One time I kicked the window and our windowshade flew up, waking us both. I laughed so hard when that happened.

Last edited:
yeah, well, at least if I'm sleeping on the couch, I won't have to worry about being hit in the middle of the night.:D

Note: HiFi didn't mean to hit me, he was sleeping. And it didn't hurt, it just woke me up. I, however, kick in my sleep, so he does have to worry about that. One time I kicked the window and our windowshade flew up, waking us both. I laughed so hard when that happened.

I can sympathize on the hitting. MSmith has elbowed me in the eye a couple of times, and come close several more without even knowing it until I told him the next morning. He is a very hard sleeper. He literally had 8 alarm clocks next to his bed before we got married, and would still oversleep. (not kidding)

Status
Not open for further replies.