The PlayStation Vue Thread

I haven't gotten the email, but apparently Cali is on the list, although I've never paid taxes on anything else purchased in the PSN Store. :(

I wouldn't be surprised if they add it to mine.

Won't make me re evaluate my choice either.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

There charging it now here in Ohio. Taxes are a part of life. I'm cool as long as the fees stay away.
Yeah when (if) they start adding fees, that's when I'll do like I did with SAT and check other methods.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gobucks
I've decided to go back to Directv for now. Gave me a 2 year deal I couldn't resist.

Must of been a great deal, I priced it out before leaving Comcast, with all the box fees (5 rooms), other fees (DVR plus Regional Sports Fee) and programing it was about $40 more a month in the first year then what I pay for Core Slim, in the second year it becomes $85 more a month.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

Must of been a great deal, I priced it out before leaving Comcast, with all the box fees (5 rooms), other fees (DVR plus Regional Sports Fee) and programing it was about $40 more a month in the first year then what I pay for Core Slim, in the second year it becomes $85 more a month.

It was for me.
Choice package $65 1st year $70 for the second. Install was today and I had to do most of it outside the dish. Felt sorry for him though. A newbie.
I have Hr54 one room (no 4k) and Hr24 in another that I have split to two other tvs. Free premiums and NFL Sunday ticket. If they would have offered me that back in November I wouldn't had left.
I do look forward in 2 years to see what's improved with streaming. Vue no doubt has a leg up but competition will make everyone better.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: Gobucks
It was for me.
Choice package $65 1st year $70 for the second. Install was today and I had to do most of it outside the dish. Felt sorry for him though. A newbie.
I have Hr54 one room (no 4k) and Hr24 in another that I have split to two other tvs. Free premiums and NFL Sunday ticket. If they would have offered me that back in November I wouldn't had left.
I do look forward in 2 years to see what's improved with streaming. Vue no doubt has a leg up but competition will make everyone better.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!
I don't blame you for going back. Hell if they would have offered me that a while back I would have stayed.

I'll check out any other OTT live TV service that offers DVR capabilities on a device I currently own and that has the channels I need, but until that day comes, I'm still happy with Vue.

I've been looking. Just isn't one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can be sure that the other streaming services will be watching this to see if Vue can do this without significant backlash. If Vue has no problems doing this, then the others will follow suit. You just can't escape the taxman, no matter how hard you try. Be thankful that it isn't a VAT(Value Added Tax). That would be included in the total subscription price, & the price would be a lot higher as a result. Nothing would be cheap if we had a VAT, ask Europe.

You can be sure that the other streaming services will be watching this to see if Vue can do this without significant backlash.

Vue has no choice, it is the states that has placed the tax on digital content, Vue is just collecting the tax and then will make monthly tax payments to those states, it is just like sales tax.

Here in Michigan they are trying the same thing but not yet luckily.

Vue has no choice, it is the states that has placed the tax on digital content, Vue is just collecting the tax and then will make monthly tax payments to those states, it is just like sales tax.

Here in Michigan they are trying the same thing but not yet luckily.

All of the streaming services are collecting the taxes, where application, you just never saw it because it was already included in the price that you paid to the respective streaming service.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017...els-at-once-with-multi-view-out-today-on-ps4/

Today, we’re launching a new multi-view feature for PlayStation Vue that allows you to watch up to three live channels — all on one screen. With March Madness starting next week, this will be a great way to catch several live games at once from TNT, TBS, TruTV and CBS.* You can also use this feature for any live TV channel available on Vue, such as watching a mix of live news programs or live events at once.

Multi-view will be available on PS4 starting today.

If you use a PS4 for Vue, you now have a new feature just in time for March Madness.

33089209721_c6a311efd3_h.jpg

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017...els-at-once-with-multi-view-out-today-on-ps4/

If you use a PS4 for Vue, you now have a new feature just in time for March Madness.

33089209721_c6a311efd3_h.jpg

Wow! I'm totally impressed they would add such a feature. Can't wait to try it out tonight. I was hoping for an announcement adding MLB channel this week so I can watch the World Baseball Classic tournament. But I'll settle for this.

In other Playstation-related PS Vue news, I recently used Vue on my PS3 (bedroom setup) for the first time in a while. There have been two or three patches in the meantime, and as a result, the Vue app seems to be as fast as the PS4 now in loading channels and reloading while using FF/RW controls. Also didn't notice as much framerate drops while watching a sporting event--looked very stable. Almost forgot I was on a PS3.

I'm happy to report the multiscreen function on the PS4 works as advertised...after a bit of a learning curve. Now I just need a bigger TV! lol
One quirk is that none of the other menu functions in PS Vue work while in multiscreen mode other than the ability to select from the list of live channels when you want to add or change a screen. I was impressed, however, with how quickly I can change between the different screens, and switch from full to multiscreen view while in this mode.

Unfortunately, this update managed to disable four important function buttons on the PS4 media remote for the PS Vue app (these buttons still work as expected with other apps and devices). The buttons are: "ENTER" in the middle of the directional wheel, which I use quite often; "Guide," which as you would expect pulls up the Guide, though the "Options" button still works to serve the same purpose; the green button, which pulls up a list of My Shows (same as L1 on the PS4 gaming controller); and the red button, which adds/removes shows from My Shows (same as R1 on the PS4 gaming controller). Oddly the other two colored buttons on the PS4 media remote still work, and all buttons on the PS4 gaming controller still function as normal. So basically, I now have about the same capabilities with my PS4 media remote as I would with a FireTV remote. No bueno. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts