The PlayStation Vue Thread

I'm surprised you have Vue and Sling Fox Beta. Is there anything in Sling Fox Beta not included in Vue?

I'm surprised you have Vue and Sling Fox Beta. Is there anything in Sling Fox Beta not included in Vue?
A&E, History Channel, Viceland, Lifetime Channel, & El Rey. Also you can watch HBO live instead of waiting the next day for the latest Game of Thrones episode to show up on HBO Now.
That being said, I've learned a valuable lesson with Sling TV, if you want to change extra packages on Sling TV, or delete extra packages, cancel your Sling TV subscription, then once it is cancelled, then reorder Sling TV with the extra you want. I changed over from Sling TV to Sling TV Beta, but if you have extra packages under the old Sling TV, they carry over to Sling TV Beta, whether you want them to or not. Trying to delete those old packages is a nightmare. I learned this the hard way & got charged for old packages that I didn't want. Sooooo, I've cancelled my subscription, which will allow it to run through this month until renewal next month, then I'll reconsider if I want to restart it with just Sling TV Beta & HBO, which is what I wanted in the first place, or just replace it all with HBO Now.

Last edited:
If HBO Now works the same way as HBO Go you don't have to wait until the next day. Before I had it included in my cable package I relied on my parents' HBO Go credentials. As soon as GoT started on the east coast I was able to launch HBO Go and watch it immediately. I would often start the new episodes around 9:01ET.

Also you can watch HBO live instead of waiting the next day for the latest Game of Thrones episode to show up on HBO Now.
You can start watching as soon as it airs with HBO Now. I am in central time zone so GOT starts at 8 for me. at 8:01 I can start streaming.

If HBO Now works the same way as HBO Go you don't have to wait until the next day. Before I had it included in my cable package I relied on my parents' HBO Go credentials. As soon as GoT started on the east coast I was able to launch HBO Go and watch it immediately. I would often start the new episodes around 9:01ET.
You can now start it as it airs live. At least with Now. I am pretty sure Go changed to that method as well.

You can now start it as it airs live. At least with Now. I am pretty sure Go changed to that method as well.

I may have worded it awkwardly but that is what I was trying to say. As soon as the episode starts on HBO it is available on HBO Go. That was the case when I was relying on HBO Go a couple years ago at least.

Reactions: Ronnie-
Haven't tried Sling yet, but tried Vue for a week. The picture is softer than what I've had with U-Verse and Time Warner Cable.

They added live streaming for cbs(wcco), fox and My29 at Minneapolis market apart from on-demand for ABC & NBC. Great news. Since they have cloud DVR I cancelled my CBS all access. Vue subscription is support almost all tv anywhere apps. Vue is getting better and better. Getting ESPN1&2, FS1&2 & NBCSN for $29.99 is really great deal other than all other channels.

I officially cut the cord and signed up for PS Vue to be my primary TV source. I'll also be getting local broadcast networks off-air without the ability to record for the time being. Much to my pleasant surprise, I'm getting live TV from the local NBC affiliate without paying any more than the $35/mo. fee. There are limits to the content I can watch on it (some gets blacked out), though at the moment I'm watching the French Open women's final. As soon as there are any shows on the broadcast networks I want to watch (besides news and sports), I'll sign up for Hulu Plus. But there seems to be a bit of a drought on the networks this summer.

Picture quality is acceptable, not as bad as I remembered during my 7-day trial. I also like how you can go back to watch certain live shows from the beginning and go back to watch certain shows previously aired that day.

Anyone figure out a workaround for the 2-channel audio? On PS4 (over HDMI), the audio is delivered in a 5.1 wrapper, so I can't apply my receiver's Pro Logic II processing to get surround sound like I could to a standard 2-channel audio stream. Sony patched this issue on other video streaming apps that were originally released that way for the PS4. Why they turned around did this to PS Vue out of the gate makes no sense.

After a great deal of trial and error, I inadvertently solved the sound problem with PS Vue on the PS4 that I had posted about earlier. I discovered that in order to get the PS4 to output a 2-channel PCM signal from the PS Vue app that my AVR could process for ProLogic II surround sound: under Primary Output Port, I switched from HDMI Out to Digital Out (Optical), but continued to use the HDMI cable for the sound (i.e., I didn't have an optical cable connected). I don't think any of the check boxes under Digital Out (Optical) made a difference, nor does the Audio Format setting options. However, to get a true 5.1 DD/DTS/HD audio signal from any other media, I need to switch the output port back to HDMI.

I just signed up for Vue. So far I'm enjoying the service. I think I'm going to cancel Dish and go with a mix of Vue and Netflix. Should save quite a bit of money. The really nice thing is being month to month instead of on a contract. So if we aren't using the service much (like during the summer) I'll just cancel it.

I am having one problem. I can't seem to watch any shows that I record off the Science Channel. They just won't work. All other recordings work just fine. Tried all the troubleshooting steps that Vue support wanted me to do and nothing fixed it. So they say it's an issue with the channel. We will see how that gets resolved.

After a great deal of trial and error, I inadvertently solved the sound problem with PS Vue on the PS4 that I had posted about earlier. I discovered that in order to get the PS4 to output a 2-channel PCM signal from the PS Vue app that my AVR could process for ProLogic II surround sound: under Primary Output Port, I switched from HDMI Out to Digital Out (Optical), but continued to use the HDMI cable for the sound (i.e., I didn't have an optical cable connected). I don't think any of the check boxes under Digital Out (Optical) made a difference, nor does the Audio Format setting options. However, to get a true 5.1 DD/DTS/HD audio signal from any other media, I need to switch the output port back to HDMI.

Well this is embarrassing. Turns out it's the PS Vue audio passing through my TV that's giving me the 2-channel PCM stream that my AVR can process. As far as I can tell, when I have the Primary Output Port set to Digital Our (Optical) in the PS4's audio settings, an audio signal is being passed via HDMI from my PS4 to AVR, then from AVR to TV via HDMI, and then TV back to AVR via optical. As strange as this set up is, at least it gives me the audio signal I need, while requiring only a simple switch in the PS4's audio menu to get DD/DTS/HD audio via HDMI when I need it.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016...to-roku-today-launching-on-android-next-week/

We are happy to share that PlayStation Vue is expanding to Roku devices today, with support for Android smartphones and tablets launching next week. Since we’ve launched PlayStation Vue nationwide, we have heard from many of you that Roku and Android are the top devices you wanted us to add, so we’re pleased to make this a reality.

PlayStation Vue will be available on Roku Streaming Stick, Roku Streaming players, and Roku TV. If you already have an account, just download PlayStation Vue on your Roku device and start streaming.

GREAT news!

Reactions: Zookster
Well got it added to my roku 3 and the new roku stick. Navigation is MUCH better than the fire stick. Seamless. With this, the only issue I had with the service (which wasn't really a service issue) is solved.

The interface is different than the fire and if I recall the ps3 as well. It is simpler, as often times roku interfaces are. Not as elegant perhaps but it will do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I've also noticed the guide is missing at the top. No real loss there as I used the icons to find what I wanted anyway

Well got it added to my roku 3 and the new roku stick. Navigation is MUCH better than the fire stick. Seamless. With this, the only issue I had with the service (which wasn't really a service issue) is solved.

The interface is different than the fire and if I recall the ps3 as well. It is simpler, as often times roku interfaces are. Not as elegant perhaps but it will do.

How does app launch time compare between the Roku and PS3? With the PS4, it's very quick if my PS4 is in standby: 20 seconds. But my PS3 takes a while just to boot up and then launch the app, closer to 80 seconds.

I'd say comparable to the ps4 if that's the length of time. No more than 20 seconds on either the stick or the 3

Reactions: Zookster
I've had issues with it launching fast on the ps3 as well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts