The TITANIUM™ Package

Status
Please reply by conversation.
DIRECTV to Unveil New Elite Titanium Package as Title Sponsor of the World Premiere of Warner Bros. Pictures' ``Superman Returns''Groundbreaking New Entertainment Package will be the First to Include All Channels, All Pay Per View Movies and Events, All DIRECTV Original Programming, All Sports Packages and 24-Hour Concierge Service
EL SEGUNDO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--June 20, 2006--Gearing up for the June 28 release of Warner Bros. Pictures' "Superman Returns," DIRECTV, Inc., the nation's leading digital television service provider, will preview its new luxury programming and service package, DIRECTV TITANIUM, as the title sponsor of the film's world premiere at the Mann Village Theater in Westwood tomorrow night.
Celebrities and guests attending the premiere will sample the new Liquid Titanium drink and get a sneak peek at the new Titanium offering before its official launch, also on June 28.
DIRECTV TITANIUM provides select customers the most unlimited entertainment experience the industry has ever seen. An annual subscription fee of $7,500 affords distinct subscribers the ultimate fantasy package for those who enjoy using the newest, best, and most expensive gadgets and services. Included in the package are:
  • Unlimited access to all of DIRECTV's programming - every channel
  • 24-hour concierge customer service
  • Unlimited access to all pay per view movies, events and sports packages
  • Priority "white glove" service and immediate VIP installation
  • The best HD channels available anywhere and the leading DVR in the industry
  • Up to 10 receivers including HD/DVRs.
"We wanted to be part of this premiere because Superman is the ultimate super hero and DIRECTV TITANIUM is the ultimate entertainment experience; there is simply nothing like it in the market today," said David Hill, president, DIRECTV Entertainment. "The select few who get access to TITANIUM will experience an unlimited world of entertainment possibilities."
Because of the dedicated attention and unprecedented service afforded to those who subscribe, TITANIUM will be limited to just several hundred subscriptions to ensure these individuals receive red carpet treatment all day, everyday. The new service will be available on June 28. Those interested in DIRECTV TITANIUM can log on to www.directv.com/titanium for more information.
About DIRECTV, Inc.
DIRECTV, Inc. is the nation's leading digital television service provider with more than 15 million customers. DIRECTV and the DIRECTV TITANIUM logos are registered trademarks of DIRECTV, Inc. DIRECTV (NYSE:DTV) is a world-leading provider of digital multichannel television entertainment services. DIRECTV is approximately 38 percent owned by News Corporation.
About SUPERMAN RETURNS
Following a mysterious absence of several years, the Man of Steel comes back to Earth in the epic action-adventure "Superman Returns," a soaring new chapter in the saga of one of the world's most beloved superheroes. While an old enemy plots to render him powerless once and for all, Superman faces the heartbreaking realization that the woman he loves, Lois Lane, has moved on with her life. Or has she? Superman's bittersweet return challenges him to bridge the distance between them while finding a place in a society that has learned to survive without him. In an attempt to protect the world he loves from cataclysmic destruction, Superman embarks on an epic journey of redemption that takes him from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of outer space.
Warner Bros. Pictures presents, in association with Legendary Pictures, a Jon Peters production in association with Bad Hat Harry Productions, a Bryan Singer film, "Superman Returns," starring BRANDON ROUTH, KATE BOSWORTH, JAMES MARSDEN, FRANK LANGELLA, EVA MARIE SAINT, PARKER POSEY, KAL PENN, SAM HUNTINGTON and KEVIN SPACEY. Directed by BRYAN SINGER, the film is produced by JON PETERS, BRYAN SINGER and GILBERT ADLER. The executive producers are CHRIS LEE, THOMAS TULL and SCOTT MEDNICK. The screenplay is by MICHAEL DOUGHERTY & DAN HARRIS, story by BRYAN SINGER & MICHAEL DOUGHERTY & DAN HARRIS. The director of photography is NEWTON THOMAS SIGEL A.S.C.; the production designer is GUY HENDRIX DYAS; the film is edited by JOHN OTTMAN and ELLIOT GRAHAM; the music is by JOHN OTTMAN; and the costumes are designed by LOUISE MINGENBACH. The film is based upon Superman characters created by JERRY SIEGEL & JOE SHUSTER and published by DC Comics. This film is rated "PG-13" by the MPAA for "some intense action violence."
"Superman Returns" will be released nationwide on June 28, 2006 by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.
supermanreturns.com
Darris Gringeri, xxx-xxx-xxxx
Caley Cronin, xxx-xxx-xxxx

SOURCE: DIRECTV, Inc.

Wow, I can't believe they're using the 'exclusivity' pitch and offering only a few subscriptions. Interesting slant. I guess to increase demand, for whatever reason. If I had 7500 to blow, I'd probably actually get it.
10 HD DVRs is pretty impressive. I assume this thing has the mirrored fees as well, right?

bigpro said:
Wow, I can't believe they're using the 'exclusivity' pitch and offering only a few subscriptions. Interesting slant. I guess to increase demand, for whatever reason. If I had 7500 to blow, I'd probably actually get it.
10 HD DVRs is pretty impressive. I assume this thing has the mirrored fees as well, right?
Oh the way I interpreted exclusive and select few, was how only a handful of people would be able to afford this, and or willing to shell out that large amount of money. I know if I had the money and the $20,000 Sharp HDTV to connect it to, I would do it!

Are we assuming that "all HD" means everything that can be received in HD? Including the local regional markets that can be received by whatever dish? And if it's an everything package, can we also assume all standard definition markets? I like the all internationals, this would save me the burden of having multiple providers for the country of my choosing. I also like all of the sports packages. And like all of you, I dislike the cost per year. But I want to know how much of a value I can get before I commit.

So has anybody actually inquired about this package? If it was around 3500 to 4000 per year it might be worth it.

I think the real reason they are offering this is to establish a value to the stolen services for people using pirate boxes like hacked FTAs. If the police seize any devices, DTV and Dish would "settle" with the person for this amount to avoid conviction.

Freddog, it's $7500, still want it?

Last edited:
yeah i knew how much it was, i was just curious as if to anybody has actually inquired about getting it. i haven't and won't because it is to much money IMO.

I can confirm that some people are actually ordering this...in South Florida. With 8 HD recievers...etc.

Raydr said:
I can confirm that some people are actually ordering this...in South Florida. With 8 HD recievers...etc.

Must be nice, no doubt none of them are in areas like Liberty City, or Opa Locka, hehe, well, hell, more power to 'em (D*). I would imagine they would love to have nothing _but_ customers whom feel money is no object, they gambled, and it may pay off.

BTW, is this package available to businesses, like, bars, hotels (penthouse) etc.? If so, I wonder what the ratio of businesses ordering the Tit. package to residential orders is, or will be.

Last edited:
Longhorn Xp--was the original person to write this sentence but i edited his post to point out one thing !!!! Also the service also comes with free install said:
\i would max out at 4 grand a year for a package like this. i dont have nearly enough time to watch tv and none of the new directv boxes have a good enough parental protection software to prevent unauthorized viewing. just my 2 cents and maybe if i shut up occasionally and saved all of those 2 cents i could actually afford the 7500 for this package.

damaged said:
Must be nice, no doubt none of them are in areas like Liberty City, or Opa Locka, hehe, well, hell, more power to 'em (D*). I would imagine they would love to have nothing _but_ customers whom feel money is no object, they gambled, and it may pay off.

BTW, is this package available to businesses, like, bars, hotels (penthouse) etc.? If so, I wonder what the ratio of businesses ordering the Tit. package to residential orders is, or will be.

You'd be supprised, the people in Liberty city and Opa Locka get government assistance $$$

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)