The True HD era has come to an end and the HD Lite era will continue!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Couldn't they uprez when the mpeg 4 train comes on line? I wouldn't lose my cookies just yet, though I do get a chuckle now that the E* subs can longer boast about image quality superioty to the D* subs (feel the burn lol). I think with this stated then E*'s marketing philosphy is truly flawed in comparison to D*'s. Charlie has just thrown away the one true Ace he had against D*. It's a shame really. I think E* is gonna lose their shirts with the HD crowd unless they address one of the two issues (line up or pic quality). I guess it shouldn't be surprising considering charlie still hasn't addressed the gaping hole in the E* line up with the lack of any east/west hd feeds of anything beyond CBS (man, what a loser). Who knows?, with MPEG 4 he might surprise us, but I doubt it considering his track record. Well E* subs, good luck!!! You'll need it!

Last edited:
Hey guys check this out....I got a reply back

Dear Mr. Wenzloff,

Thank you for expressing your concerns and interest in DISH Network. Customer input is an important tool in our efforts to continuously improve the quality of the DISH Network service.

We have received numerous complaints on the VOOM HD package. We would like to thank you for pointing out this information. We have confirmed and are aware of picture quality issues on several of the VOOM channels. Our engineering staff is working towards a resolution. This may take some time to troubleshoot and finalize.

The issue of HD picture quality is always a difficult one. Some of our HD customers want more programming while others want better quality. In general, DISH Network provides HD content in whatever format we receive from the providers. You can rest assured that DISH Network is listening to you. We are constantly striving to provide you with the best A/V quality and variety of programming. With fast changing HD technology, we ask that you be patient. We will continue to make efforts to raise the bar for our customers.

At DISH Network we appreciate the time customers take to email their audio/video quality concerns. Thank you for your patience, information, and for being a valued customer!

EchoStar Satellite LLC

Quality Assurance Department

dishquality@echostar.com

First off with your joking ocnier why bother? West and East coast feeds, aside from local HD channels are a bloody waste. Sure I like seeing something I missed on the West feed of a national channel but it isn't going to kill me and I say tough sh*t to all the West Coasters who would whine about it. I don't have a DVR and I'm certainly not going to bitch terribly if Dish would dump Nick West, Disney Channel West, TMC and TMC Xtra West and so on. I should shut up and get over it because DVR's exist and the East/West coast feed issue is mute now considering them.
Seriously if Dish would dump these maybe I could see true HD on the movie channels. I say dump HBO2 W and HBO W if that would free up needed space though I admit I'd LOVE to get HBO Zone. I mean think of it this way, you pull those HBO channels, put the 110 one's on the 119 to free up space for HBO-HD, same for Showtime HD. Also besides the movie channels maybe enough space could be freed up maybe not to deal with the VOOM problem but we could see INHD and INHD2 added or one of those even.
In terms of people mentioning bandwidth I don't see the problem since Dish isn't the satellite provider that has to shut off all their PPV to carry HD Sunday Ticket.
Oh yeah and in terms of VOOM I WAS planning on getting it but screw that now. I'm really disappointing seeing Dish going the way of FoxTV. Some Korean channels get taken from Dish and now they make this dumb move. I will be very bitter if Dish doesn't fix Monsters considering about the only other channel, NON HD, that would fill my gills for Horror and even then it has to SHARE time, is Showtime Beyond.

Some of our HD customers want more programming while others want better quality.

Yeah, people want more HD programming but at HD quality.

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh said:
Hey guys check this out....I got a reply back

The issue of HD picture quality is always a difficult one. Some of our HD customers want more programming while others want better quality. In general, DISH Network provides HD content in whatever format we receive from the providers. You can rest assured that DISH Network is listening to you. We are constantly striving to provide you with the best A/V quality and variety of programming. With fast changing HD technology, we ask that you be patient. We will continue to make efforts to raise the bar for our customers.
now that doesn't make any seance, seance they cant squeeze another hd channel on those tp's. so why not broadcast at the full bit rate.. as far as 129 the only way to solve that is to broadcast in 8psk and do 3 hd Channels to a transponder. They have all the bandwidth in the world and thats just and excuse. better yet.. how about this... move ESPN2hd with ESPNU... fill that tp up... You got more space on 129... granted its one channel but thats a start... I could work on a plan for dish on how to efficacy move there channels on what bird with keeping the core content where it's at and I bet ya it would all work out.. I would do this as a consultant to the company of course but I don't think they would do this as I might actually make a difference. Its sad when the geek squad sees things that there engineers don't care to see or don't care about band with efficacy with channels that they currently have up.. and prep for room for channel swap for mpg4.... But thats my opinion.

Last edited:
Just got an answer back from one of my emails that wasn't deleted and not read. It still looks Like a canned ansewr but at least it specifically addresses the current situation.

Dear Mr. Tirak,

Thank you for expressing your concerns and interest in DISH Network. Customer input is an important tool in our efforts to continuously improve the quality of the DISH Network service.

We have received numerous complaints on the VOOM HD package. We would like to thank you for pointing out this information. We have confirmed and are aware of picture quality issues on several of the VOOM channels. Our engineering staff is working towards a resolution. This may take some time to troubleshoot and finalize.

At DISH Network we appreciate the time customers take to email their audio/video quality concerns. Thank you for your patience, information, and for being a valued customer!

EchoStar Satellite LLC

dishquality@echostar.com

I just got a reply back also:

It said: "Deal with it" :D just kidding:

Dear Mr. Murrell,

EchoStar Satellite LLC

dishquality@echostar.com

I just got the same email as Wenzloff (and Tirak and Murrell), acknowledging that they are receiving a lot of complaints about VOOM.

I wish I could say this was a surprise, but as I have been predicting this for about 3 years now, it isn't. I have never expected D* or E* to provide full bitrate 1920x1080 over the long term, as they have never even come close to providing full bitrate 480i on SD channels. And their customer base has never demanded it. You aren't going to get true HD from cable either.

In the end, if you want to see your favorite movies in 1920x1080, you are going to have to do so with some form of HD DVD.

But that doesn't mean we shouldn't complain and push back. I wrote my letter and they seem to have taken at least a little notice.

Last edited:
SAME HERE

Dear Mr. Nemitz,

EchoStar Satellite LLC
dishquality@echostar.com

All, Please go to my new thread that I just posted. In addition to the standard reponse you have received, Dish has asked me for my feedback to changes they are going to try tonight. I need help from the "Geek Team" to identify what technical changes are tried. Appreciate all help. Bob

I too got the same email :)

Gary Let us know what you find. Maybe theyll listen to us and drop it to 720p and up the bitrate? or maybe they will listen to bob and ask him to design the layout for channel per transponder :)

I like how DISH says they can only broadcast what they receive....

So it's Rainbow's fault.... :rolleyes:

Sarang said:
First off with your joking ocnier why bother? West and East coast feeds, aside from local HD channels are a bloody waste. Sure I like seeing something I missed on the West feed of a national channel but it isn't going to kill me and I say tough sh*t to all the West Coasters who would whine about it. I don't have a DVR and I'm certainly not going to bitch terribly if Dish would dump Nick West, Disney Channel West, TMC and TMC Xtra West and so on. I should shut up and get over it because DVR's exist and the East/West coast feed issue is mute now considering them.
Seriously if Dish would dump these maybe I could see true HD on the movie channels. I say dump HBO2 W and HBO W if that would free up needed space though I admit I'd LOVE to get HBO Zone. I mean think of it this way, you pull those HBO channels, put the 110 one's on the 119 to free up space for HBO-HD, same for Showtime HD. Also besides the movie channels maybe enough space could be freed up maybe not to deal with the VOOM problem but we could see INHD and INHD2 added or one of those even.
In terms of people mentioning bandwidth I don't see the problem since Dish isn't the satellite provider that has to shut off all their PPV to carry HD Sunday Ticket.
Oh yeah and in terms of VOOM I WAS planning on getting it but screw that now. I'm really disappointing seeing Dish going the way of FoxTV. Some Korean channels get taken from Dish and now they make this dumb move. I will be very bitter if Dish doesn't fix Monsters considering about the only other channel, NON HD, that would fill my gills for Horror and even then it has to SHARE time, is Showtime Beyond.
I for one really look forward to East/West HD feed for national networks. I have them now in SD (plus CBS-HD East). You get different NFL game choices. And it is nice to get live news from the East feeds two hours before they are replayed in Mountain zone.

personally if it was me I would do 2 hd channels and 1 720p channel on a tp with dd audio.. (and for channels that dont have a 720p ava. to fill the slot, then i would squeeze 3 1080I chans together. for instance tnt hd could be one of those sence the quality from tnt is so crappy anyhow no one would notice a diffrence.. Lets be smart about this dish.

hehe I told you that your e-mails would cause them to create an e-mail templete to send to you :) And I think the e-mail was very correct, fair, reasonable and polite

Folks keep emailing Dish, I believe we can get Dish to change its stance on the issue at hand, KEEP EMAILING THEM.

We are 30,000 strong and we have a huge voice, remember Dish Network is getting ready to announce the additional VOOM channels are being added to the lineup at CES, all's it takes is a few SatelliteGuys members to talk to the press at Dish Networks press conference and inform them whats going on and we could give Dish a black eye.

I see the other forum is saying the reason for the change is due to the Dish 6000, which while not knowing the technical details sounds to me like complete and utter Bullsh!t and it also sounds like they are once again trying to kiss the corporate ass of Dish Network. It is my thought that if the Dish 6000 could not handle 1920 x 1080 High Defition that Dish would have stopped using 1920 x 1080 a long time ago.

Even folks I have talked to from VOOM have said they want to have DIsh broadcast at 1920 x 1080 but Dish wanted it at the lower resolution.

If anyone has the technology I would like to see a list of resolution and bandwidth dedicated to each HD channel aired on Dish Network.

Let's stick together folks, we CAN make a difference.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

need dish install completed right

I need some info....help please!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts