The Turd Bird may be sold AGAIN!!!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
With my experience with AT&T Broadband was that true customer service was not in the company mindset.

Ok you have got to be kidding. Having worked in the telecommunications industry for the last 10 or 11 years, at&t is one of the worse customer serving companys in the U.S. What they are is ubiquitous & they know it & so does everybody else in our industry.

the problem with this , is that your looking at a small portion, with the whole company the CS is not a over all problem.
Much like everyone complaining that D* CS is bad, and it may be, but due to thier size, thier percentages reflect a better overall average.
D* wins CS awards every year.
I thing the same type of example can be used for at& t as well as Verizon.

Jimbo

With my experience with AT&T Broadband was that true customer service was not in the company mindset.

Anybody ever deal with Sprint, or its Embarq spinoff?

Their customer service is more likely to push you into the path of an oncoming truck than actually help resolve anything. Their CS is the reason I have RoadRunner broadband (Time Warner) and ATT callvantage voip service in my home. Their CS is the reason I dumped our Sprint cellphones after less than a month of service.

If ATT bought Sprint/Nextel and Embarq, the services would most likely iimprove dramatically.

Gotcha, I thught you has the phone service but thought you could not get DSL... I gotcha now.

Jimbo

That's right. I can only get Embarq, the old Sprint and their DSL+phone service is WAY more than my cable modem. It's not even CLOSE in price unfortunately, but that is what you get when you have a city gov't that won't let but one phone company serve the area. At least we may get a new cable company now that the FCC has slapped them down.

Anybody ever deal with Sprint, or its Embarq spinoff?

Their customer service is more likely to push you into the path of an oncoming truck than actually help resolve anything. Their CS is the reason I have RoadRunner broadband (Time Warner) and ATT callvantage voip service in my home. Their CS is the reason I dumped our Sprint cellphones after less than a month of service.

If ATT bought Sprint/Nextel and Embarq, the services would most likely iimprove dramatically.

That is hitting the nail on the head!!! Embarq SUCKS!!!! I have Cingular for cell and that name is now going to go away and it will be AT&T. Cingular CS is the best I've ever seen, I hope it keeps up.

Is it really "done?" Have the final regulatory approvals been issued?

Is it really "done?" Have the final regulatory approvals been issued?

Someone here said it was done a few weeks ago.
I don't have any documentation on it and have not heard anything definate at work, but then it's not what we would generally discuss at work either.
I can check when I get back to work and inquire, incase no one else has any better info.

Jimbo

They have been advertising on tv around here (CT) that Cingular will soon be known as at&t.

Again I will say search back a few years and see how many times this has been reported in December. :)

Seems like they keep pulling it out of the woodwork every year just before CES so that they have something to talk about at CES.
Not to mention the fact that Malone has a long-standing track record of holding onto what he buys as "long-term" investments - no way he sells D*TV for some time to come.

You'd think some of these investment "experts" would do some decent homework on "trends and histories" before doing their goofy WAG speculation.

Kinda reminds me of the days 20 years ago when the investment community was preaching " Some day, we'll all be working for Sears". :rolleyes:

Also, once Rupert closes the deal, Vur---- will have to come up with some new negative name for D*TV, I suppose, since that one will be obsolete. :D

Not to mention the fact that Malone has a long-standing track record of holding onto what he buys as "long-term" investments - no way he sells D*TV for some time to come.

You'd think some of these investment "experts" would do some decent homework on "trends and histories" before doing their goofy WAG speculation.

Kinda reminds me of the days 20 years ago when the investment community was preaching " Some day, we'll all be working for Sears". :rolleyes:

Also, once Rupert closes the deal, Vur---- will have to come up with some new negative name for D*TV, I suppose, since that one will be obsolete. :D

I just think it's funny that Rupert did not call it that until he decided to unload it.:)
l

I just think it's funny that Rupert did not call it that until he decided to unload it.:)
l
...and still there was a buyer...What's even funnier is that he called it that once, and Vu--- has used it a thousand times since. Talk about milking a one-liner. :D

I don't know if it will happen or not, but I would prefer a big company like AT&T that knows how to do customer service than the way it is right now.
Trust me AT&T and customer service do not belong in the same sentence..They suck!
IMO AT&T in New Jersey (Headquarters) has no human employees..However there might be 10,000 automated menu servers at that location ...You cannot do business with AT&T because it impossible to get a human on the phone..
If I was in a Bell South service area and this merger got ok'd by the FCC ,I would drop my land line service like a bad habit.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts