The Turd Bird may be sold AGAIN!!!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Why is the FCC stating that AT&T must provide broadband? Isn't that a business decision?
because there are certain types of people in govt that think that broadband and other telecomm services should be available to everyone.. This of course is to protect people who are highly unlikely to ever buy the service from the pratice of "red lining".
Users are forced to subsidize this unfunded mandate because the provides simply pass the additional cost of wiring these areas along to the paying customers..That's my guess and I'm sticking to it
Our federal govt at work...Nice.,.

The T*#d Bird may be sold AGAIN!!!!!

. . . Also, once Rupert closes the deal, Vur---- will have to come up with some new negative name for D*TV, I suppose, since that one will be obsolete. :D

At the risk of repeating myself, I seriously question whether Rupert Murdoch ever used this phrase to describe D*.

Just because it appeared "somewhere" in print, doesn't mean it actually happened. Just ask Dan Rather of "memogate" fame or Jason Blair.

Murdoch strikes me as being too smart a businessman to describe a commodity he was thinking of putting on the market in such a derogatory term.

Trust me AT&T and customer service do not belong in the same sentence..They suck!
IMO AT&T in New Jersey (Headquarters) has no human employees..However there might be 10,000 automated menu servers at that location ...You cannot do business with AT&T because it impossible to get a human on the phone..
If I was in a Bell South service area and this merger got ok'd by the FCC ,I would drop my land line service like a bad habit.

You have obviously never had Embarq/Sprint.:eek:

At the risk of repeating myself, I seriously question whether Rupert Murdoch ever used this phrase to describe D*.

Just because it appeared "somewhere" in print, doesn't mean it actually happened. Just ask Dan Rather of "memogate" fame or Jason Blair.

Murdoch strikes me as being too smart a businessman to describe a commodity he was thinking of putting on the market in such a derogatory term.
I bet you're right, but clearly certain naysayers have sooooo much fun with this sort of thing that its kinda like cutesy phrases that all of a sudden do catch on. This one may just be a misquote or non-quote that has become another urban legend.

"HD Lite" is another good example.

There is no such thing. It's either HD (720p or high resolution as defined by the CEA and others) or its not. It may be compressed HD, it may be transmitted-with-reduced bits HD, but HD Lite? Nope. Ain't no such creature. The closest thing that would actually resemble that term would be a resolution less than 720p - 480p or 480i perhaps? I guess that would mean all regular DVDs are released in HDLite. :D

DSL Lite is perhaps closer to a true "Lite".

Yet a few folks starting making up these things, and pretty soon they have a cult-like following. For that practice, I've just been heard the phrase "simple thrills for simple minds." :eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)