The WB and UPN merging

Stargazer said:
It looks like from a few poles that One Tree Hill was way way far ahead of all the other shows (5 to 1 and 10 to 1 in many cases) so if the show dont make it, something is seriously wrong. Keeping Reba is a given. I hope they keep Everwood as well. Keep those three shows and I will be happy. Otherwise GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

The only other thing I can think of about that show is, it's based on high school kids and they are all going to graduate "this year". Maybe they were planning on ending the show anyway because of this. A lot of shows based on high school kids don't make it once they go to college and split up.

Remember Saved by the Bell the college years? That is a good point though with graduation coming up. Did a similar thing happen to Dawson's Creek? I never did get into watching that show all that much.

Stargazer said:
Remember Saved by the Bell the college years? That is a good point though with graduation coming up. Did a similar thing happen to Dawson's Creek? I never did get into watching that show all that much.

Dawson's Creek made it 6 seasons, 2 years worth of college. The college years weren't that good.

You also have Buffy the Vampire Slayer 7 seasons, 3 years college and it probably would have continued except SMG wasn't willing. There's also Smallville, 1st year college but still going strong.

CW Adds 5 Affils; Coverage Grows to 52% of U.S.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Katy Bachman[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MARCH 01, 2006 -

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CW Wednesday announced the first wave of affiliates outside of the charter station affiliates owned by CBS and Tribune.

The additional five stations in Cleveland (market No. 16), Orlando (20), Charlotte (27), Louisville (50), and South Bend (87) bring the new network’s coverage to nearly 52 percent of the country, including 18 of the top 20 markets and 25 of the top 30.

All five of the following stations have signed exclusive, long-term affiliation agreements (five years or more) with CW: WBNX-TV, Winston Broadcasting Networks WB affiliate in Cleveland; WKCF-TV, Emmis Communications’ WB affiliate in Orlando; WJZY-TV, Capitol Broadcasting Company’s UPN affiliate in Charlotte, N.C.; WBKI-TV, Cascade Broadcasting Group’s WB affiliate in Louisville, Ky.; and WMWB-TV, Weigel Broadcasting Company’s WB affiliate in South Bend, Ind.
[/FONT]

'West Wing' Alumni Return for Final Episodes

Why CBS Sports isn't 100% HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)