The Weather Channel....is BACK!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
As much as I don't watch the weather channel I can say a lot of directv viewers do. 90% of the time after doing a new install the first question I get here in indiana is "what channel is the weather channel?". I'm surprised by it every time thinking to who actually watches this channel! I didn't even realize it was still a channel until about 4 years ago

To me if the weather channel actually showed weather, and showed local weather, would be great if they kept them, but what they do now is rediculus. People are way better off without them because when there is severe weather during prime time they are showing shows, not waether. If they want to show shows, do it during the morning hours when there is rarely any storms happening, lets say between 8am and noon. Have that as your show showing time. I am on Dish and hardly watch them anymore because of this reason. I just go on my phone and boom, there it is.

As much as I don't watch the weather channel I can say a lot of directv viewers do. 90% of the time after doing a new install the first question I get here in indiana is "what channel is the weather channel?". I'm surprised by it every time thinking to who actually watches this channel! I didn't even realize it was still a channel until about 4 years ago
Are they typically recent cable customers ?

It shows on my HR34 guide....I got the new software last Tuesday too

I lost all on-demand, the sports search, Pandora, YouTube, Apps, and Scoreguide.
no internet hooked up
sports search works fine...used it yesterday
Scoreguide works

oh my god this is funny

So they have this number on the right hand side of the screen...in red so its hard to read

for fun I called it and you get the same TWC propaganda speech about being life threatening blah blah blah then it says
"If you wish to speak to Directv press 1"
"If you wish to speak to your congressional district member press 2"

REALLY?????

I have taken Cantore's advice and written my Congressman alright, basically told him no one would riot in the streets if "Prospectors" or "Freaks of Nature" wasn't aired in their communities and this was a business fight that Congress had no business in. Was surprised to testimonials on keeptheweatherchannel.com from organizations such as Save The Children and the American Red Cross in support of TWC. I wrote their organizations too, surprised they would be involved in such a situation as this...

Oddly enough, no. It's all companies. Dish, bright house, Att, any of them. They all LIVE for the weather channel

Are they looking for the "Weather Channel" or thier "Local" weather, which could be entirely different seeing The Weather Channel doesn't do Locals unless you are in a small number of cities.

I'd actually prefer NOT to lose the channel, even though it is not my main source for weather. Neither is the new one.

Are they looking for the "Weather Channel" or thier "Local" weather, which could be entirely different seeing The Weather Channel doesn't do Locals unless you are in a small number of cities.
Is that the case on cable with TWC nowadays ? Based on your location, you probably know Lima OH. Do they not get "local" weather on TWC via Time Warner and so on ?

No they wanted the weather channel, people love watching the weather channel for some reason

I find it interesting that even though there's no major storms threatening the country at this time, they haven't shown any reality programming during prime time this past weekend even though the program guide indicates otherwise.

Because they are trying to cover their ass and show "see we do the weather" since they'll get pulled Monday
And who the hell puts a countdown with when their channel will get pulled???

I have just been contacted by DIRECTV and asked to pass the following along to our members. I am sure we will have more as this develops.

We remain in discussions with The Weather Channel on how to provide its service to our customers at the best value since people now use so many other ways to retrieve weather-related information. Please visit DirectvPromise.com for the latest news and important information.

Customers will continue to get round-the-clock hard weather news, free of any interruptions from reality TV, on Weather Nation (channel 361), city-by-city coverage on more than 1,600 local broadcast stations, and DIRECTV’s emergency channels in times of severe weather.

We know that you have a choice among television providers and appreciate your having chosen DIRECTV.

Last edited by a moderator:
Comcast is really crying on their TWC Face Book page today. They are trying to get people to sign to keep them. I am sorry, but it is like trying to plug the hole in the side of the Titantic with mattresses, after it has split in half.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)