The Weather Channel....is BACK!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
“Consumers understand there are now a variety of other ways to get weather coverage, free of reality show clutter, and that The Weather Channel does not have an exclusive on weather coverage – the weather belongs to everyone.”

Ya, check it out, a FREE Over-The-Air Weather Channel we have here.

01_14_2014_10_17_02.jpg 01_14_2014_10_16_08.jpg

Same here until they took it off 5-2 and away from us a couple months ago!!! :)

I think everyone is missing the larger point here. These programming disputes and the rising costs remain a large issue for all providers. In most cases the programming is valuable and it can be difficult to justify being without the channel for any extended period of time. In this case I believe DirecTV is using TWC as an example because it finally has some leverage. Most people wont care they lost TWC and be perfectly content with WeatherNation or an alternative. I expect this one to drag on for a long time unless TWC caves. This is DirecTV's stand and it would be wise for other providers to voice their support.

of course. But if it doesnt cost us more for Directv to carry it I'm fine with that

I disagree.. unless TWC pays D*, keep it gone. I don't want a cent of my bill to fund them... maybe the next fee increase would be less.

It's a very rare thing that we get to dump a useless channel (useless due to it's own programming decisions).

On to programming...

Talking about Olympics. 300 hours of coverage on NBC, CNBC, MSNBC, NBC Sports Network and USA.

On Demand on the Hopper and ViP DVR's.

Interactive and Online via the Hopper, therewill be a SOCHI App on the Hopper, complete with Schedule and Medal count.
You forget you're in a D* sub-forum ? :p

It would be funny if the "congressmen and senators" that TWC told D* customers to contact finally get around to checking TWC's programming now.... :D
Yeah - that would be right up there with reading a bill before passing it...!

Awww crap, hope it's back before the Olympics start. If I remember correctly TWC is one of the many NBC owned channels used for Olympic feeds and with my luck the event I want to watch will be on it.

Funny how all of you have overlooked this issue!!!
GE no longer owns NBC. Comcast owns them and the other NBC branded channels. For everything good. I would rather have a weather channel that actually showed the weather, then one that shows reality shows all day long.

I have been talking to quite a number of DIRECTV retailers from around the country and I am told the same thing by ALL of them...

Not a single call from customers upset that TWC is gone.

I find that one amazing... but all of them are saying the same thing!

Further reading...

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Its-A-Public-Safety-Issue-127307

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/The-Weather-Channel-Gone-From-DirecTV-127323

Public safety issue? ROTFLMAO, for staying safe in severe weather I watch LOCAL TV channels (usually KTVT) which cut in and also use scrolling banners. KTVT is very considerate and cuts in during commercials instead of programming unless it's an emergency.
I would not go by anything the little kids state over at DSLreports. That site has gone downhill in the past six years, it is not funny. Only reason Justin keeps it up, is because the fankiddies will pay five bucks to help him pay the bills.

I think TWC has shot itself in the foot. If they can't reach a deal to bring it back and there are no mobs of angry viewers storming DirecTV's gates with torches and pitchforks, other cable and satellite services are going to think twice when it's time for them renegotiate. Times have changed and people no longer depend on just one source for weather information. As I may have said before, I like The Weather Channel, but its loss is not something that would make me switch to another service.

I have always had an alternate to the Weather Channel which has always been good at telling me at what its doing outside... MY WINDOW. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)