They are giving phone calls for smartcards

rcdallas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
West Texas (midland)
Not sure how much it's been discussed, but I received a phone call the new smartcards will be mailed out.

For those that may wonder, it's sent to your billing address.

This is being done probably because by the end of the last smart card switch-out, believe it or not there are people who don't open their mail (or misplace it--I have a relative who misplaces important Unopened mail, and then faces the consequences) and completely miss the info for the new smart cards. While it was a very slim minority, it was still a pretty fair number of subs who found that their STB's no longer provided their channels. Then all the phone calls and claims of "I didn't know about no smart card. Why didn't you tell me? Well, I didn't get anything in the mail." I think Dish wants to avoid it this time around.

What channel number is the replacement smart card on? Will it show up on all the receivers of your account even if only one receiver needs the swap or only on those receivers that still need a card swap?

What do you do Claude? Sneak up on your neighbors and watch them open the mailboxes? XD or are you the mail man?

This is being done probably because by the end of the last smart card switch-out, believe it or not there are people who don't open their mail (or misplace it--I have a relative who misplaces important Unopened mail, and then faces the consequences) and completely miss the info for the new smart cards. While it was a very slim minority, it was still a pretty fair number of subs who found that their STB's no longer provided their channels. Then all the phone calls and claims of "I didn't know about no smart card. Why didn't you tell me? Well, I didn't get anything in the mail." I think Dish wants to avoid it this time around.
What about the people who never answer their phone. I have a free program that rejects calls from 800 numbers and any other numbers specified. Telemarketing scum never, ever make my phones ring. Florida residents get bombarded with scams and political pollsters. I have never received a call from Dish, ever.

What do you do Claude? Sneak up on your neighbors and watch them open the mailboxes? XD or are you the mail man?

I believe he *gasp!* keeps in touch with his customers and probably finds out things like that by asking a curiosity question here and there to his customers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts