This is where NFL SD needs fixing

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jtwex

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 25, 2008
Embarrassed Bear
Currently, in the Chicago market Fox has switched us to the ending of the TB/KS game which has gone into overtime. As part of the Fox doubleheader, we are supposed to be getting Dallas/Giants via our local affiliate. This game is thus blacked out on ST & will not be made available until I call a CSR & play CSR roulette. They will in-turn pass the blame to the NFL who is supposed to call DTV & let them know the situation.

This blows that I can't see the game of the week until TB/KS finishes OT.

For the cost we should be able to watch any game we want on Directv's 700 channels so we can see a complete game and take advantage of all the interactivity on Super Fan. We are dissapaointed because we had to watch commercials instead of seeing the end of the Packer game. It would be one thing if they switched to a game, but a commercial for our district Congressman?

I've used a contact at DTV & we will see what they say regarding their new "coordination team' (instituted last year) to avoid these problems. This has been written about by Peter King & Dr. Z (Sports Illustrated) & it's just baffling to me that they continue to struggle with this simple problem.

I am a Dallas fan so I haven't purchased the NFL Sunday ticket since most of their games are on nationally. Yesterday I was frustrated though and thought maybe I should buy the NFL Sunday ticket.

I guess not, I am shocked that you were unable to see the entire game. I would be pretty upset had I paid for it!

I've used a contact at DTV & we will see what they say regarding their new "coordination team' (instituted last year) to avoid these problems. This has been written about by Peter King & Dr. Z (Sports Illustrated) & it's just baffling to me that they continue to struggle with this simple problem.

Well, the email left my 'virtual' desk on Sunday (During the Giants game) & a very nice woman from corporate called my office at 9:00am to discuss the situation. I must say it helped that people in her office were complaining about similar problems around the water cooler, i.e....."who's coordinating this stuff for us".

Anyway, they graciously offered up some Halloween candy for my trouble & promised that the three players in this (DTV ST programming team, The NFL programming team & the Local Fox affiliate) would receive copies of the complaint. We both agreed that with so many vague 'groups' needing to be involved to lift the blackout that it would probably happen again.

Either way, DTV has always been a top notch company who seem to actually care about their customers. Thank you again for your fast response.

I am a Dallas fan so I haven't purchased the NFL Sunday ticket since most of their games are on nationally. Yesterday I was frustrated though and thought maybe I should buy the NFL Sunday ticket.

I guess not, I am shocked that you were unable to see the entire game. I would be pretty upset had I paid for it!

Czar,

I get hot when this happens as it always affects the "game of the week" but this problem aside, the Sunday Ticket is the best sports programming package on the planet for NFL fans. I think I get more upset that their is actually a 'coordination team' on the payroll that apparently doesn't do their job.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)