This is why MLB restrictions stink . . .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cjwct

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Glastonbury, CT
I live outside of Hartford, CT in Glastonbury and tonight there is both a Mets and Red Sox game being broadcasted by the Fox Network . . . of course, the Red Sox game is broadcasted here and not the Mets because apparently there are some imaginary boundary lines in Connecticut that anything north of the so-called Red Sox/Yankees & Giants/Jets/Patriots line that dictates what is broadcasted. But wait it gets better . . . there is a rain delay, so now FOX is broadcasting the Twins game instead of the Mets. One funny thing is that ScoreGuide shows the game on SNY, but that is sadly not true. Thanks MLB you really know how to treat fans !!!

I live outside of Hartford, CT in Glastonbury and tonight there is both a Mets and Red Sox game being broadcasted by the Fox Network . . . of course, the Red Sox game is broadcasted here and not the Mets because apparently there are some imaginary boundary lines in Connecticut that anything north of the so-called Red Sox/Yankees & Giants/Jets/Patriots line that dictates what is broadcasted. But wait it gets better . . . there is a rain delay, so now FOX is broadcasting the Twins game instead of the Mets. One funny thing is that ScoreGuide shows the game on SNY, but that is sadly not true. Thanks MLB you really know how to treat fans !!!

Youn have FAILED to blame the correct party.
That would be FOX.

Yes I understand that MLB had to agree to it when the contract was made, but FOX is the one that is SCREWING everyone.

I blame both of them. MLB hates their own fans. They make asinine broadcasting decisions.

Fox , MLB ... tomato/tomatoe ... still absurd that there are no options for fans ... like to know how a Minnesota/Angels game in CT equals higher ratings than Mets/Phils when Sox rained out???

cjwct said:

Well it sucked for us Sox fans who got the Yankees/Mets on Fox61 last week instead of the Sox/Cubs game.

MLB should allow another station to broadcast the other game when home markets overlap like the do in Hartford. Or just not schedule the games simultaneously.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using SatelliteGuys

Hart5150 said:
Well it sucked for us Sox fans who got the Yankees/Mets on Fox61 last week instead of the Sox/Cubs game.

MLB should allow another station to broadcast the other game when home markets overlap like the do in Hartford. Or just not schedule the games simultaneously.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using SatelliteGuys

I agree ... MLB w/out alternative plan shows lack of respect for fans ... congrats on Bruins Conference Championship

That Red Sox / Cubs game was broadcast over the air on channel 40-2, the Fox Springfield, Ma affiliate. I am in Rocky Hill, CT and, with an outside rotor antenna, had no problem picking up the game.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)