This LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bound2bmine

Jul 23, 2005
Hey guys quick question can I use this LNB for fta sats.

Brand new in Box, Starmax Brand KU UNIVERSAL LNBF

Model: SM-8

INPUT : 10.700 - 12750 GHz

NOISE FIGURE: 0.3db

I'm using my Nexus card cant find T-5. I'm using progfinder and a sat meter.
Can this lnb be used and what are the settings lof settings that is.

Attachments

• 6d_1_b.JPG
    6d_1_b.JPG
    15.7 KB · Views: 188
Yes you can

Yes it is a universal linear fta kind of lnb ....... As of getting something off of t5 you are giong to have to input a live transponder and s/r values into you;re software that you are using to work you;re nexus card You can do it in progdvb etc... Go to scan transponder etc... settings are in there I wish I can help more I personal have twinhan card etc.. and use the twinhan software with it .... Something that helps alot is a signal meter a cheap one And setting up elevation and aiming the dish and getting some signal off the meter and then connecting to the card and scan that transponder if you are on the right satellite channels will show up... It is hit and miss but a signal meter will help a lot I personal was not able to get anything with out a signal meter... as of lof setting you can input 10750 and turn off 22khz tone not needed for that satellite....

Thanks for the help guys will be giving it a go again this weekend. I have a signal meter.
I tried progfinder that did not work at all. I have used it before and it worked but it took for ever. Anyways thanks for the help.

bound

It is a Universal and you can set it up 2 different ways
you can set it up as Universal and then the LO frequencies would be 9750 & 10600

or you can make it a Standard and LO would be 10600 (as doc noted). Make sure to turn the 22K on

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)