Three 622s with hard-drive failure in last two years...is this better than average?

faster345

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 30, 2006
San Pedro, CA
I don't even know if it is the hard drive, the phone techs don't do much more than just send me a new one. All I know is at some point every 622 I have had starts jumping to 'LIVE' while watching a show that is still recording or jumps to the end (or permanently freezes) when watching the same program after the recording is done. When I watch the same shows off the external drive I have NO problems at all. Does e* just use really bad hard drives in their DVRs? Are others having this issue? TIA

Ah the harshness. This DVR sits all by itself on TOP of a media cabinet far from any heat source (other than itself) in a well-ventilated room that rarely gets over 75 degrees in the summer.

Ah the harshness. This DVR sits all by itself on TOP of a media cabinet far from any heat source (other than itself) in a well-ventilated room that rarely gets over 75 degrees in the summer.
Clean power (freedom from both spikes and reduced voltage conditions)?

I had two 622s since they came out and none have had a hd failure. I did discover a bad HDMI port when I went from component to HDMI.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)