Time Warner Cable Dropping HDNet Channels Nationwide May 31

Torchwood is only doing 5 episodes this season, June 15-19. BBC America is going to run them in July I think. I haven't heard if HDNet is going to run them.

Ever since Universal HD started dropping 5-minute infomercials in their movies, I've pretty much lost interest in movie on that channel, but HDNet Movies is one of my favorites.
You must not use the DVR, because it's not issue with the fast forward button.

I watch the two HDnet channels all the time. I would even pay $1.99 a month if it was extra like a movie channel.

My cable does not have HDnet, I would think of switching to cable if they had it. With out HDnet there is not way I would go cable.

I am just now getting into HDNet because of the HD content (particularly the concerts) as I only see one other channel that I see offer that. I agree that this channel would be better than having ABCFamily and some of those other channels that have very little HD content vs. a channel that has a lot of HD content.

Would anyone particularly care if HDNet goes away? I would like to get Smithsonian Channel back, which was just signed to a long term deal with TW Cable.

I love the HDNet channels way better than Smithsonian, MavTV, FTV, WFN, or most of the regular cable channels that are carried in HD.

Makes me miss things like Bond marathons in HD that were on one of those 24/7 channels from that never to be mentioned again suite of channels and still wonder why a television entertainment provider would drop anything. Cable/satellite is all about providing niche programming. The more you have the more you'll make happy.

Ever since Universal HD started dropping 5-minute infomercials in their movies, I've pretty much lost interest in movie on that channel, but HDNet Movies is one of my favorites.

In terms of OAR, uninterrupted programming and selection, HDNet Movies is the tops. They show a lot of good stuff, too.

As TWC costumer I have not watched much on HDNET in a long time. There are alot of other channels that have more interesting content for me.

So if they are dropping these channels and you could care less, what channels that have more interesting content do you want to replace them with? Perhaps the NFL Network???

The real issue here isn't HDnet content but how much TW Cable is willing to pay for it. If HDNet lowers their price, TW would carry it.

In terms of OAR, uninterrupted programming and selection, HDNet Movies is the tops. They show a lot of good stuff, too.

I subscribe to all premiums (the primary ones, not The Jewish Channel, WWE, Here, but HBO/MAX/SHO/Starz/TMC/Encore), and I now have DirecTV and FIOS in my home. I carry all my premiums with FIOS, which means I have all HBO/MAX channels in HD (26), all available Showtimes and most Starz, yet 20-25% of the movies I DVR in any given month are on HDNet Movies. That says a lot! They have some darn good movies. TW is out of touch for sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)